Part 7

Alec woke up before Magnus. His face was pressed against Magnus's neck, and Magnus's arms were holding him close. Alec closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of safety that he wasn't used to.
A few minutes later Magnus stirred awake. He glanced down at Alec's blue eyes.
"Morning," he said sleepily. He slid his hand up and down Alec's side. "How are you feeling?"
"I don't know," Alec said honestly, nuzzling Magnus's neck.
Magnus wraps his arms around his waist and kisses Alec's forehead.
"How about you watch some tv and I'll bring you some breakfast?"
Alec nodded, not feeling like he had the energy to get out of be quite yet.
He watched some old romance movie for about 20 minutes before Jace walked into the room.
"Hey," he said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "How are you doing?"
Alec shrugged and Jace nodded. "I talked to Izzy," he said. "We're going to try and figure out if the Institute will help us, but until then we're just gonna stay with Clary."
Alec nodded.
"I think you should stay with Magnus though," Jace said. "If you want to that is."
"Yeah," Alec finally said, looking up. "I want to."
"Okay," Jace said, standing up. "And Alec. I'm really sorry."
Alec reached out and grabbed his hand before he could walk out. "It's not your fault Jace," Alec said, pulling his brother back to the bed. "It's not."
"It's not yours either," Jace said.
Alec looked down at his hands. Jace hugged him.
"I know you feel like it is right now, but I promise you it isn't. Just heal, and take time, and hopefully you'll realize that," Jace said.
Alec nodded against his brothers shoulder.
"Glad to see you told him the plan," Magnus said from the door.
"How long have you been standing there?" Jace asked, looking slightly annoyed.
"Long enough," Magnus said, dropping into bed next to Alec and waving off a scolding Jace.
"Now," he said, running a finger down Alec's face. "What Netflix show should we obsessively binge?"