[-Chapter 22-]

"As I watched over you all day. I discovered just one problem, yeah. All those fake, wolf-like guys who keep bothering you..No, you're mine, I have the duty to protect you" - Monsta X (Hero)

****

Younghyun sent a message to Dowoon that he was going to leave early and not to wait for him. As soon as he stepped out of his house he saw Lisa and Jaehyuk heading towards his car and getting into it.

Younghyun was temped to send her a text, but decided against it. 

At school Younghyun met up with Junhyeok and Jaehyung. "Sungjin was asking about his lady love..." Junhyeok chuckled a little. "Younghyun you're her neighbor right? Is she okay?"

"She's fine." Younghyun didn't want to say much in front of Junhyeok. There was still something he didn't like about him. "I wouldn't worry too much." 

"Why didn't she text me? She usually-" 

"Call her yourself then Jaehyung." Younghyun brushed past the two as Dowoon approached them. 

During the first two hours of school Younghyun ended up skipping out on his first two classes, out of boredom. He managed to avoid any teacher or hall monitor came his way, but that was call cut short when he noticed Nayoung. Usually Nayoung would be spotted with Miso which only added to his curiosity.

What is Miss. Princess doing without her guard? 

Younghyun peaked around the corner and noticed how she had her phone up to her ear. From her expression she looked like she was in the middle of an important conversation. Younghyun quietly followed behind her until he managed to get closer to her.

"..- You don't understand. I can't do this anymore...- I agreed to mess with her, but she didn't come to school today. What if it's too much for her to handle?"

Younghyun's eyes widen upon hearing this. What the hell?

"...Are you sure she's okay? Please...I don't want to do this anymore. I love you, but...what's the point? She still likes Dowoon. You ultimately failed."

Younghyun couldn't believe what he just heard. It's one thing to tease someone, but what Nayoung was doing seemed so...much more evil. 

"....N-No! I didn't mean it like that!"  Nayoung stopped in her tracks and from her tone she sounded like she was on the brink of tears. "Yeah...- I'll meet you there." Without a second thought Younghyun peaked out from behind the corner and saw she was heading to the stairwell of the second floor.

Younghyun followed at a safe distance and he began to wonder where she was heading. And who she was meeting. The library? Younghyun thought once he was able to see the direction she was heading it. I wonder what guy she has her slimy tentacles wrapped around? Younghyun thought as he entered the stairwell. He was halfway up when a voice called out from behind him.

"Hey what are you doing out of class?"

 Younghyun jumped not hearing anyone come up behind him. "God Junhyeok! Don't do that!"

Junhyeok walked up to him holding a book in his hand. "What are you doing anyways? Shouldn't you be in class?" Junhyeok asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm following Nayoung. What are you doing?" Younghyun asked, folding his arms over his chest. Younghyun still didn't like Junhyeok, but he realized that he had to act civil with him if he wanted to see him more irritated. Which he got pleasure from seeing.