|| C h a p t e r 6 ||

The Resilient Leader snapped his fingers and the guard by his side lashed out his fist which contacted solidly with Kaden's jawline, causing him to crumple to the floor.

  "Kaden!" His name left my mouth in a burst of shock. "You are no where near ready to complete this mission," The Resilient Leader said calmly when Kaden had obtained enough courage to stand up again. "The future of our Nation - of our world... and you can't even take one punch." The Resilient Leader growled, his tone becoming more and more scornful.

Night came upon us as we travelled for hours. It was definitely nice to have food, energy and drink along with us for the trip instead of being starved, thirsty and tired like the last trip. I didn't notice how far we reached or how long it had been.

  "We're in the Wandering Woods of the Acier Kingdom!" Caspian nodded but stayed silent.

  "Proteus Magicorum!" I frowned.
  "What was that?" My eyes widened and I looked at Caspian with faintly veiled curiosity.

  "It was a spell to protect us from magic," he told me, dusting his jacket off. "It lasts for a couple of hours."

  "What do we have here?" A Royaume Guard snickered. Caspian looked at me indifferently and it suddenly struck me how much he looked like Kaden. His eyes were like cold flames and I shivered, taking a step back, not needing to fake the fear I suddenly felt. Caspian's wiry fingers laced themselves around my wrist, tightening.

  "I found her and I'm taking her back to the Royaume Kingdom," he rolled his eyes. "That's what 'we have here'," He ended dryly. His tone took on one of anger and I could feel it pulsing from him in sharp waves. "You guys let the prisoners escape and now I have to do the dirty work." I had to hand it to Caspian. He really did sound like he was ticked off. I looked back down to his tightening fingers and I shakily inhaled a calming breath.

"Oh yeah?" The Royaume Guard replied sarcastically. "Then why are you guys headed in the wrong direction?" He looked at the other Royaume Guard, his brows raised in scepticism as he looked me over. I felt like I was tied, tied down like I always am, although this time it's like I'm the prime artefact and everyone has come to inspect me, looking me over; up and down for the tiniest fault. It scares me.

  "And where is the Resilient Warrior?" The other guard chimed in, their eyebrows both stiff with scepticism. Caspian's growled quietly next to me, his eyes narrowing. I looked up to see his lips taut, eyes slitted and the faint curl of his nose as it twisted in disdain.

  "And why the hell does she have Royaume Headphones?" The first guard burst out in fury, shoulders rigid.

  "Rigorus Mortisum!" Both guards shouted, raising their hands. Caspian rushed forward, shielding me behind me before kicking one to the ground before facing off with the other. The first guard quickly recovered, running and crouching down to face me, fists tensed.

  "It's just you and me babe," he grinned although it seemed almost animalistic. "This is way too easy!" I growled. I felt the familiar pulse of rage bound through my body. Every word stung only fueling the fire that burned inside of me. Every violated phrase was like gasoline to it, my fists began to clench and my jaw rooted. 

  "I'll show you what's 'way too easy'!" I snarled. Dodging right, I missed the first punch and whilst I recovered quickly, I also dodged the second punch to the left. Growling, I punched him in the right forearm. Punching him again, sensing his weakness, I punched him in the jaw, watching with satisfaction as he fell to the ground. Goodness! I did it! I can't believe I did it! A few seconds later, Caspian came hurtling towards me, hands enclosed in mine, looking me over multiple times, eyes wide with worry.