Chapter Seven

-Chapter Seven-

Percy landed on the ground with a thud, a sudden chill going up against his spine. His vision was blurry, his energy being sapped away from the sudden time jump. His hand was shaky, he wanted to throw up then and there. The constant pressure of daily time jumping was putting a strain on his body, and it was visible.

Percy mustered up his remaining strength and sat upright, shaking his head as a migraine hit him full force.

He blinked in confusion, trying to rid himself of blurry vision.

His vision slowly cleared as he looked around trying to get a hold of his surroundings. He couldn't help but stare as his mouth went slightly agape. Instead of the lively bustling city of Rome, they were met with a barren wasteland of snow and ice. Percy stood up, trying to look around for any signs of life.

He was met with disappointment, all he could see was white.

Snowflakes descended from the sky, the snowflakes themselves perching themselves onto Percy's hair and clothes. He shook his head and dusted the snow off of him, looking around round snd trying to find Yorath. Percy spotted said person assessing the area for any potential places that could shelter them in the meantime.

Memories suddenly started to flood his mind as he remembered what happened in Rome. Anger slowly started to boil inside his chest, his hands curling up into a fist.

"Why did you do that?!" Percy shouted, looking at Yorath with a glare. He looked at Percy with wide eyes, not expecting the sudden outburst from the usually reserved Percy.

"Look, there's nothing we could've done-" Yorath started to explain, he didn't get the chance however as Percy interjected.

"Nothing we could've done?! We could've saved people! There were kids in that city Yorath!" Percy argued, his nails digging into his palm.

"I know that! You don't think I feel guilty too?" Yorath argued back with equal ferocity.

"Well, you certainly don't act like it!" Percy shouted, his voice echoing through the snowy plains. The two brothers were glaring daggers at each other, as the two fought, the snow kept falling peacefully, if not for the two shouting brothers, it would've been considered quite calming.

"I wanted to save them Paradox, I really did, but if we stayed there any longer, we could've died!" Yorath pointed out, stating the possibilities.

"You're not thinking straight, your mind is clouded by the time jump." Yorath reasoned out. Percy shook his head, his migraine almost becoming unbearable.

"Are you the one making the time jump?" Percy asked, Yorath looked at Percy remaining silent.

"Yeah thought so, you couldn't possibly understand how this feels." He blurted out.

"I know, but you got to think of this logically, what was the point of this all if you'd just die on the way to curing yourself." Yorath reasoned out.

"At least I would've saved some innocent people, we could've tried to put the fire out!" Percy argued, Yorath balled his fist.

"Paradox think clearly! What do you think happened to Rome and why it fell?" Yorath argued back.

"It was a fucking fire! You can't do anything about that! It was already written in the history books, it's just an endless cycle! You would've died in vain!" Yorath reasoned, saying all of his thoughts in one sentence. Percy was silent, his mind cranking its gears.