Chapter Eleven

-Chapter Eleven-

Percy checked his watch instinctively, looking at the timer that was ticking second by second. He inhaled a shaky breath, stretching his limbs to temporarily relieve him of stress. He could feel it. His life force was slowly waning over time. Although he knew for a fact that he could do nothing as of right now, it still felt like crap, not being able to do anything. He knew he couldn't slow down the strain. He couldn't make another jump since he was still on a sort of cool down. Now his only option was to do nothing, or do something.

And that something involved taking down Zeus, who was once again, being tyrannical. This time it was in another reality. Maybe Zeus was just meant to always be synonymous with tyranny.

Percy shook his head and focused on the task at hand. They were about to take down the golden statue of the God of the skies. They still lacked sufficient materials, however. Leo was still making the bombs. Yorath was out grabbing whatever he needed to grab. And Percy was strolling about, trying to calm his panicking nerves. For now, all he had to do was wait. Wait until they could finally strike, and until they could make another jump.

The feeling was horrendous for Percy. Like knowing you had a test that you didn't study for. Now multiply that a thousandfold.

Percy gave off a yawn, feeling fatigue hitting him like a brick. It felt like he didn't sleep for weeks on end. The only thing powering him right now was both adrenaline and the will to live. Otherwise, he'd be fast asleep right now, giving the grizzly bear's hibernation habits a run for its money.

He had a really bad feeling about all of this, about everything. Nothing really out of the ordinary, just a very amplified sense of dread.

"Percy?" Someone called out. Percy turned around, looking confused as hell. He turned his head, seeing a girl around his age looking at Percy with shock and confusion.

"Who?" He asked, looking at the girl with a confused glance. She looked taken aback, looking at him with hurt and confusion.

"Don't you remember me?" She asked, her piercing grey eyes meeting with Percy's green ones.

"I'm sorry, but you might be mistaken. I have no idea who you are, nor who this 'Percy' is." Percy assured, looking at the girl with crossed arms. That was however a big fat lie, and he knew it. He knew what his name was before being adopted by Chronos. It was still however quite confusing being called by a different name though.

"Might be so. Forgive me for bothering you." She replied with a sad smile

"I forgot to ask, what's your name?" Percy asked politely, looking at the girl with a questioning glance.

"Oh, I'm Annabeth." She answered, extending her hand in a greeting. Percy shook her hand, giving a smile.

"May I ask, but what does this Percy look like?" He asked, an idea forming in his mind. He needed confirmation though.

"Oh, he looked almost exactly like you. Although I do see differences. Your eyes and some of your features aren't identical to his." Annabeth added. Percy nodded warily, his theory slowly coming to life. When he was adopted, some of Chronos' physical traits were transferred onto him. 

"What happened to him?" He asked. She sighed and looked at the ground as if a thousand memories started flooding into her mind.