Chapter Ten

-Chapter Ten-

Percy landed on the ground with a thud, his two feet planting themselves onto the ground. His energy was zapped out of him almost instantly.

He straightened his shirt with a sigh and looked around, a migraine starting to creep up upon him. Yorath was beside him, stretching his limbs from the jump.

The two once again were stuck temporarily in an unfamiliar place, full of dangers unbeknownst to them.

"Now, where the hell are we," Percy questioned to no one in particular.

They were in the middle of a bustling ancient city, temples and shrines made of both gold and stone were scattered all throughout the city. People roamed around, not paying the two brothers any mind.

Percy scanned his surroundings, taking a cautious glance at any minute detail. Even the smallest of details could've been a turning point to figuring out whether this world had Kronos in it, much less the Time Strain.

Percy felt an aggressive tap on his shoulder as he was yanked out of his musings. He turned towards Yorath with a raised eyebrow, curious as to what made his brother tap his shoulder so vigorously.

"Yes?" Percy asked. Yorath pointed at the distance, making Percy squint his eyes out of habit to see what he was pointing at.

A gleaming golden statue of Zeus was standing proud and mighty in the middle of the city. The statue seemed to reach even the highest of clouds. He widened his eyes, slowly realizing what the statue meant.

"Zeus is here?" Percy questioned, turning to Yorath.

"Probably. Which means Kronos exists." He pointed out.

"Not necessarily," Percy interjected. Yorath gave a raised eyebrow as if coaxing Percy to explain. He just waved his hand dismissively.

"Zeus may be the son of Kronos in our timeline. But that doesn't mean the same applies to a different one." He added, looking around for a library.

"Well, the thing is, judging by a first glance, this city is massive," Yorath stated, emphasizing the word massive.

"So probably splitting up would be the best option, yeah?" Yorath suggested. Percy sighed, nodding his head a bit.

"Well yeah sure. We'd cover more ground. Meet here in an hour or so?" Percy specified.

"Maybe half an hour, but sure," Yorath confirmed. The two nodded and went in their separate ways. The city was so massive that searching for a singular library together was just a waste of time and energy. It would be much more efficient for the two to split up and cover their ground, searching in their quadrant of the city.

Percy looked around, surveying the city with a cautious gaze. Everything seemed perfect, too perfect. As if the whole city was one big utopia. Something just did not feel right.

He spotted a bulletin board at one of the walkways, the board immediately catching his attention.

He lightly jogged towards it, looking at the contents of the board with a thoughtful look. He could find multiple news headlines stuck onto the bulletin board, informing the people of the activities happening all throughout the city.