#1

Gerard is new in school and doesn't quite fit in, you, a preppy and popular girl tries to make him feel welcomed and befriend him.

You're teacher was late so you sat waiting chewing on your pencil lost in a daydream. You could hear the noice of your classmates talking but blocked out all the words. Lost in your own world.

Your two best friends Caroline and Jake began seeing each other so you were pretty much third wheeled most of the time. It didn't bother you so much as it gave you more free time, too much sometimes.

The door suddenly opened and the class went silent expecting the teacher to appear, but instead it was a boy you hadn't seen before. A new kid.

He was tallish, shaggy black hair and all black clothes with a satchel slung over his shoulder covered in band stickers and pins. He began to walk down the row of seats, people placing bags on the free seat beside them as he came near. As he approached the back where you were sitting he looked at you and began walking to the opposite side of the room.

Obviously feeling quite offended you shouted over to him,
"Hey!" You yelled and waved in his direction. He turned around a bit of blush creeping up onto his cheeks which were a little chubby, he looked down at the floor almost like he was expecting something offensive.
"You can sit here" you smiled shyly. He looked up surprised but walked over quickly to avoid making himself centre of attention.
"Thank you" he said quietly and looked up quickly then back down at his book.
"You could've sat here anyway" you stated almost hanging over his shoulder looking at the many amazing drawings he had in his book.
"I-I didn't think you'd want me to" he whispered while blushing again.
"Now why would you think that" you giggled slightly.
He stayed silent looking down.
"Oh" you looked down also, "I'm not a bitc- well i'm not like that" you said quietly. He still stayed quiet.
You quickly changed the subject "I love your drawings."
"Oh it's just a hobby nothing special or anything" he continued drawing but you seen the slight smile appear on his face. You caught on. He obviously loved drawing so it was a great topic for conversation and to make him more at ease.
"Well" you started dragging it out a bit "you're obviously good at it so tell me more."
He looked up at you for the first time in ages. "Really, you want to listen to my ramblings about art" he laughed to himself and looked down again.
"Yes I really want to know" you placed a hand on his arm. He looked at your hand on his arm and blushed furiously.
"Okay...if you insist but you asked for it" you both giggled a bit, " I love drawing comic book characters, I'm absolutely crazy about comics, oh and I love thinking up my own characters and sometimes create storylines for it there's something about it I just love you know."

You were smiling at how his eyes lit up talking about his drawings and comic books he was beginning to look embarrassed.

"Sorry I got a bit carried away" he laughed and looked away.
"No don't be I don't mind" he gave you a slight smile.
"I'm (y/n)" you said sweetly.
"Gerard" he smiled again.
"Maybe sometime you can tell me about them bands on your bag" he nodded slowly looking unsure, almost embarrassed.
"Bowie is one of the best hands down" you laughed and he gave you a big smile.