Prologue

The loud and continuous crying made Lucy crawled off the bed to tend her agitated little one who was lying in the cot. She carried the baby in her arms in attempt to hush it down. It had been a long and rough night for them two and the lightning and thundering outside kept scaring her poor, tiny Julie.

“Sshh.. It’s okay. Mama’s here. Mama’s here,” she rocked gently, back and forth and hummed out a lullaby she always sang to her. Lucy’s body ached as usual that she was tempted to go back to bed. But she gazed down at a nearly asleep Julie and saw her tiny mouth make a little “o”, and let out a soft yawn which made Lucy smile contentedly, almost forgetting how exhausted she was. She tucked Julie back in and reached for a half-consumed feeding bottle, placing its nipple into the baby’s mouth. Small hands loosely held on either side of the bottle as the faint sound of sucking filled the room. She looked at her baby one more time before she went to the kitchen to grab herself a glass of water.

It was hard for her to go back to sleep. After knowing what time it was already, Lucy decided to stay awake after all, in a few hours she had to prepare for another busy day of hers; to feed Julie again, dress her up, and leave her under the care her dear friend Caroline, while she goes to work downtown at a second-class hotel as a chambermaid. By the end of the day, she goes back to fetch Julie and the two of them go straight home where she has to do the unfinished chores like cleaning and cooking.

She had moved out from her family when her daughter came to her life. In fact she got kicked out of their house when her parents found out she was pregnant. Her friend was the only one she could go to and although Caroline was a very kind fellow to help, Lucy lacked support—both emotionally and financially. She never got one from her Mum and Dad and she understood if they never did. But what hurt Lucy most was that her boyfriend whom Julie’s father, had neglected her and their child. She would cope well in everything if only he was there. Bringing up a two-month-old baby wouldn’t be so hard if only he did his part as a parent or even at least had tried to. But no. Lucy had to do it all, expecting nothing from this man who just disappeared one day and was never seen again. She only heard later on from somebody else that he had set off for a trip somewhere in Germany with his bloody band. He knew that time that she was heavily pregnant with their baby, his baby, still he left and how she hated him for that. How she sometimes wished she could just forget him. That bastard, she muttered under her breath every time she’d remember.

Lucy checked her baby once more and gently removed the emptied feeding bottle from the child. She took her time looking at her daughter. She looked so much like her father, Lucy couldn’t deny that. Maybe that was why Lucy never forgot him. Because every time she would glance at Julie, she would see him there too.

_

Erm. Hi guys! I’ve come to say hello! c:

So this is the John Lennon fanfiction I’ve made a status about. I know the beginning was kind of short and I know you might be wondering how did John or the character I made pop up together in this story but don’t you worry my compadre, we’ll get there soon! I’m really liking where the story’s going so I think I’ll try to carry this on even when classes start this June (Seriously, classes begin on June and end on March, I don’t like it much that my country’s being left out when it comes to the educational progress internationally). So sorry for saying too much but please do tell me what you think, even if it’s not a whole much of a chapter. But really. Your feedback would mean a lot to me!

The next part is still pending to be posted!

Thank you, thank you for reading!

Peace, love, George and sandwiches,

-georgesandwich xxx