Chapter 6

Lily's pov

Leaving Rey standing stupidly by the gate, I left back to my room. "Hahaha!" I laughed loudly "Just as I thought! Of course the country bumpkin wouldn't be talking to the prince!" 

In the game A High School Love Story, there was a super minor mob character called Chris who's from a poor baron household. I don't even know why his name was mentioned at all. He was super ugly and had the worst magic aptitude ever with a low magic element like earth. 

He wasn't really relevant to the plot or anything, he was only shown once as someone who was killed by the capture target Elroy Estcard after he was suspected for trying to harm the heroine or in other words me. Of course it was really Elroy's little sister, the villainess of his route. 

"As expected trash can only be friends with other trash" the image of Chris' death in the game popped into my head "Haha, I can't wait to see his expression when his friend dies. Always acting like he's better at me! Mother doesn't understand either, she's always fooled by him!"

----------------------------------------------

Rey's pov

After a few days of meeting with Chris I was still awkward with him. Our conversations usually end with him talking and me weakly answering with yes or no. *sigh* How did we talk before? What did I talk to him about? Why is it so hard? Right now I'm laying on my bed which seems to be what I've been turning to when I'm down. 

Suddenly I hear a clack at the window, distracting me from my thoughts. Looking out the window, I see Alex waving his arms at me from below. 

Alex has been my friends for a few years now, we met back when we were both 6. So a few years after Lily was born. We didn't really hit it off right then but somehow we did eventually become best friends. Alex's full name was Alexander Freed, his family owns a flower shop a couple blocks from my house. A month ago he told me his family was going to go visit some relatives since someone got married. I didn't expect him to be back this soon though since apparently those relatives lived pretty far away. 

He's nice but he doesn't always say what he really feels. I think he's also a little too protective of me? He can be pretty stubborn sometimes too. As long as I've known him, he's always insisted that my little sis is the devil. It's a mystery to me why he thinks so. Lily can be a little blunt sometimes or whine if she doesn't get what she wants but I think that's just cause she's innocent. Also I might've spoiled her too much but I still love her.

Alex is pretty good looking too, he's got a bit of an issue with his height and slightly feminine face but that's what makes him cute. 

Opening the window I called to him "I thought it would take you longer?" to which he yelled back "The couple broke off right before the marriage so we left early. Want to go for a stroll?" "Sure" It'll distract me from my thoughts anyways

Getting out of the house he greets me by saying "You still have that mask on?" I only smiled back "I don't get why you have to wear it." I get that he's trying to say I'm not ugly to the point where I have to wear a mask but I just said "Thanks"

We pass through the busy street and just enjoy our day together. I bought a cute hair pin that has pink flowers on it for lily. "I hope he likes it" I smile joyfully to Alex, he only replied with "Sure"

As the sun sets, we begin to head back when he says "Rey are you okay?" startling me a bit, forcing a smile I say back "W-what do you mean?" Hope he didn't hear my stutter "You were zoned out the entire time" "R-really?" "Yeah" "*sigh* I'm a bit confused about my feelings, that's all" I decided to be as honest as I could to him without revealing that it's about a man. 

He looked surprised for a bit before his face returned to normal "It's just a phase" his words were simple but I could hear the worry and care in his tone. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up" my smile became less forced and more natural. While his ears turned a little red "W-who's trying to cheer you up? It's just common sense" he said before turning and walking away. I giggled at his attitude and quickly followed behind him.

Back here again, huh? Once more I was laying on my bed, mulling over how I had to see Chris again the next day. With nothing else to distract me, my thoughts ran. I could just leave it to mother but my heart feels unsettled and itchy if I don't see him. My mind turned back to what Alex said today. Ah! Maybe it's just a phase! I'm normal right? After a while this strange feeling will stop and everything will go back to normal! Yeah, that's it!

After days of stress, I finally relax a bit coming to conclusion, it's just a quick phase. Tonight I fell asleep with a sweet smile.

-----------------------------------------------

This is Alex(picture below)

Hair pin (below)

Not related to story, just cute

----------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Hey guys, so chapter was shorter than normal(I think) but I updated! So what do you guys think about Alex? How do you like him so far?

I decided to add him in cause I felt like MC needed a friend who he could talk about his troubles to and have fun with. (Could potentially make ML jelly)

Btw I love reading your comments, it tells me that you enjoy this story! :)

Thanks for reading!