Chapter 12

Rey

Waiting at the fountain I felt nervous but no longer with me was the feeling of suffocation. The chains wrapped around me have loosened. The heavier feeling on my arms served as proof for the second bento in my hands. 

Seeing a familiar figure coming closer, a smile hung on my lips. "Hey Chris!" "Hello Rey, I'm glad you look happier." seeing the kind smile from him, a drumming in my heart started. "U-um" raising up one of the bentos, I shyly told him "I-i made you a bento" 

Seeing the bento, he beamed "Really? Thank you!" taking it, he stepped forward and pulled me into his embrace. W-wahhh! H-hugging! With a poof my face reddened (A/N: No no no, Rey he's eating your tofu! Chris you have to at least pay me for the tofu!) 

Like usual we talked for a bit before Lily arrived. "Rey!" she shouted from afar and ran towards me, with a scrutinizing gaze she uttered "On the weekend go shopping with me" She's talking with me again! "You're not mad at me anymore?" I happily asked. "Yeah" taking the bento she left.

That afternoon, I came once again with 2 bentos, handing one to Chris. But as Lily came he didn't leave as quickly, "Let's go around town again afterschool" "Why?" I curiously questioned him "You look a bit down lately and even though you seem happier, I figured it could still cheer you up." "O-okay" with my ears blushing red, I answered sheepishly. 

(A/N: My brain died at this point...what do I write next?....)

Standing behind the shop counter all I could think of was of our agreement. D-does this mean it's a d-date?! A date with Chris.. "Hehe" I giggled at the thought and mumbled "Hmm? Do I need to get a gift for him?" 

"A gift for who?" "For Chr-ah! M-mrs. Abbott!" Across the counter was Mrs. Abbott, a kind old lady, she had fading green hair tied up in a bun and dressed in a pale green dress, wrinkles formed at the corners of her eyes when she smiled. "Oh? Getting a gift for someone?" she teased "It's nothing, what can I help with?" changing the topic I saw a few loaves of bread placed on the counter. "Just getting a few somethings, how's your sister doing? The whole neighborhood's been excited about her being accepted into the academy." While wrapping up the loaves of bread I replied "She's been doing fine, we're a bit worried but she seems to be happy."

Handing me the coins she left saying "Well I better be going now" Seeing her off, I looked at the clock, time had barely passed. Why's the clock so slow? *sigh* The back door opened and dad sneakily popped out whispering "Rey come here, your mother will be coming back soon" 

In the kitchen he wrapped his arm around me, crouching to my level "You're going out later this afternoon right?" Seeing him act so suspicious I wondered what he wanted "Yes" "Well *ahem*" he scratched his cheek "could you help me buy something for your mother? Our anniversary is tomorrow and I forgot to get her a gift" he gave me a cheeky smile.

With a helpless face I answered "Sure, what do you need? Flowers?" "Ohh that's a good idea, get that too. Can you buy a silver necklace for me?" still whispering he handed me some money, You know this looks really suspicious right dad? "No problem" "Great!" he loudly said and patted my back. "Now come help me with the orders for tomorrow." 

Time drifted by slowly and eventually at 3 o'clock I left to meet up with Chris.

In the town square, spotting me he jogged over. "Hey, eaten yet?" "No, not yet" "Perfect, let's go then." he smiled and naturally grabbed my hand. I blushed but didn't pull back, his hands were larger than mine and encased my own hand in their warmth. Long fingers tangled around my own. It felt natural, he led me forwards and I followed with a big smile.

Passing by a small cafe, my eyes twinkled at the pretty desserts and beautifully decorated pastries displayed in the window "Let's eat here then" Chris' voice drew my eyes back onto him. "Thanks" I stupidly replied. 

Entering the shop, it brought forth a homey feeling with mostly brown pastel decor, wooden flooring covered the whole place and plenty of green plants decorated the room. Pots of colorful purple flowers appeared here and there. 

But looking at the customers it was mostly girls, my ears turned into tiny tomatoes but a comforting smile from Chris made me feel more confident. 

Sitting at a round wooden table, a server came towards us and said in a casual tone "What would you like?" the boy had black hair and was dressed simple with a apron tied at his waist. A cute dessert caught my eye "a strawberry chocolate mousse please" "mmm okay.." writing down the order he turned to Chris "and you?" "a slice of dark chocolate cake and black coffee" "okay, wait for your orders" saying so he left into the back.

A few minutes later he came back with our orders and quickly left again. Eating a spoon of the mousse I exclaimed "yummy! try some too!" before I could think my hands moved a spoon of mousse to Chris' mouth. W-what did I do! H-how do I naturally pull back my hand?! 

Trying to pull my hand away in awkwardness a hand pulled mine forwards and into the mouth of Chris. "You're right it is good" "R-really?" looking down my face flushed red. Without my notice Chris' eyes darken before quickly returning back to normal. "Yes" his pink tongue slipped out and licked the mousse left on his lips. I-isn't this a indirect kiss?! 

"Why don't you try mine too?" he lifted a spoon of cake towards me, "O-okay" opening my mouth I leaned forwards. "Yummy! This is good too!" my eyes sparkled with happiness. Then I noticed the stares we were getting from everyone around us. I felt my face burn and looked down, only focusing on eating my mousse. 

All around the girls whispered without Rey's knowledge, "hey isn't that couple so cute?" "right? my heart's scream 'kyaah' at them!" blushing they continue to gush about them.

---------------------------------------------

(A/N:)

I did ittttttttttttt!!!! 2 chapters! I swear when you're the one writing, 1,000 words is so difficult to reach! And cause I write so slowly it took up most of my day.

Shout out to @Evil_Wood_Elf_590! Check out their book Your Roleplay! It's like an otome game, there will be 6 capture targets. You will roleplay as a player and can choose a route to go down. There are things such as magic and how many points you have! If you become a VIP you can have more powerful magic as well as more points. 

Sounds pretty interesting to me and I'm really looking forward to how it'll turn out. I'm also going to be helping out by being an admin and I'm going to be in charge of the history. So just check it out. 

I don't what else to write, thoughts on the characters?

Thoughts on how the story's going?

My brain is now thoroughly fried my writing these 2 chapters

Thank you for reading!