Few Good People

"Who are you?" I say as I walk in the living room and see a tall, lanky man standing next to my Mom. 

"Good morning to you too, Thea. How did you sleep?" Mom says calmly as she sips her coffee. 

"Great. Who's the dude?" I question as I approach him. 

"Mr. Diggle's replacement, Thea. Apparently, he's not interested in returning back to his position. According to Mr. Diggle, he doesn't approve of how you spend your evenings. Particularly because they start off with you ditching me." Mom answers as she turns to look at me. 

"Hi, I'm Thea Queen." I greet as offer my hand for a shake. 

"Rob Scott, you're new body guard." Rob says as he shakes my hand. 

"For now." I chuckle as pull my hand away.

"Thank god, we're not going have to hear about this awful man anymore." Mom sighs as she looks at the TV.

I grab the remote and turn up the volume, zoning out the noise around me and focus on the information. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

'Declan's execution is set at midnight, two days from now. Camille Declan's former employer, Jason Brodeur, released this statement: I hope this gives Camille the peace she deserves.' The news reporter states.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Say Rob, I want to go into town for a bit, think you can pull the car around for me?" I turn and ask Rob. 

"No can do, Ms. Queen. And I've been filled in about you're tendency to ditch people, and I prefer to have you in my sight at all times." Rob explains.

"Robby, we're about 20 miles from the city, would you prefer we walk?" I say slowly, trying not to get irritated.  

"Um, no, that'd be a pretty far walk." Rob stutters out.

"Then, go, get, the, car, Rob." I say. 

"Right." He murmurs out before dashing out the mansion. 

"Are you honestly paying him for this job? Never mind, is Ollie upstairs?" I scoff as I turn towards Mom.

"Thea, no." Mom warns. 

"Thea, yes." I grin. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"BYE, ROBBY!" I scream as Oliver and I speed past him in Oliver's motorcycle. 

"HEY! GET BACK HERE, MS. QUEEN!" Rob screams as he tries to chase after us. 

:/:/:/:/:/::/:/:/::/:/:/

"Thanks for the ride." I say to Oliver as I hop off his motorcycle.

"No problem. Call me if you need me." Oliver says. 

"Alright, love you." I wave. 

"You too." Oliver says before driving off. 

:/:/:/:://:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

'Reports say Declan murdered his wife in cold blood, I say differently. He had no alibi and all evidence made it out like he was the killer. He's been tried, convicted, and sentenced to death. It's an open and shut case, but I don't think so. Declan's wife, Camille, worked for Jason Brodeur, and he's on my list. And I can't just walk into the police station, and tell them to walk to reopen the case. I can't do that as Thea Queen and to the police station. But, I can do it as the vigilante, to Laurel Lance.' I think.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I'm sitting in the dark, peacefully in one of Laurel's chair as she enters. I try to keep my emotions in check, as she slowly begins to feel she's not alone. I stand up as soon as Laurel turns around armed with a hand gun. 

"Relax, Laurel." I say through the voice scrambler, slowly stepping toward her. 

"Don't move!" She yells. 

"I'm not going to hurt you." I say as I place my bow down in the ground. 

"You're making a huge mistake being here." Laurel warns. 

"I'm not the person you think I am, and I need you're help. Peter Declan is going to be executed in 48 hours, I believe he's innocent. Declan's wife was going to blow the whistle on Jason Brodeur and he had her murdered." I explain. 

"There are thousand lawyers in this city, why me?" Laurel questions. 

"We're both trying help this dying city." I answer as slowly push Laurel's gone down and out of the way. 

"What makes you so sure I'll help you?" She questions. 

"I know you're a good person. What good person would let an innocent man die?" I say before disappearing into the night.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Wow, so this is what I guy does when he quits his job. Stack up on carbs." I joke I slide in the booth across from John. 

"What are you doing here, Thea?" John questions. 

"Well, I didn't see any cop cars waiting in my front yard, so I knew you didn't sell me down the river. So, I assumed you were still considering my offer." I explain as I pick up and eat on of his fries. 

"Offer? You mean your criminal rampage?" John scoffs.

"Diggle, this is a chance to help this city. The city your family lives in." I point out. 

"Thea, you don't know what this city needs. You were born into the world with a platinum spoon in your mouth and mansion filled to the hilt with people waiting on their hands and knees for you. Suddenly you spend 5 years on an island and what? You've found your lord and savior?" John rambles. 

"Diggle, I found this when I buried my father." I say as slide the notebook over to John. 

"I thought you said he died when the boat when down." John whispers. 

"The truth is, my father, a crew member, and I made it to a life raft. There wasn't enough of food and water for the three of us, so my father shot the crew member and then himself right in front of me. Before he died, he told me to save this city and right his wrongs. He killed himself so I could live and this city could stand a chance against the rich and powerful who think they're above the law. I need to write the wrongs that my family has done. And I'm offering you the chance to write the wrongs down to your family." I say as I take back the book and tuck into my pocket. 

"What are you talking about, Thea?" John ask. 

"I'm talking about your brother's killer, John." I whisper low.

"Leave Andy out of this." John growls.

"The police never found his killer. The sniper who killed Andy laced his bullets with poison. And I took down his killer, Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot." I whisper. 

"You took down my brother's killer?" John whispers. 

"Yes. And I want to give you a chance to help other people's families. No one helps each other in this city anymore, because they're is a group of people, like my father, who see nothing wrong with stepping on people's throats to get to the top. It needs to stop. If the courts and the cops won't do it, it sure as hell will be me." I say before getting up to leave. 

"Ready, Ms. Queen?" Rob questions. 

"I just need to freshen up." I say before going to the restroom.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/::/2 MINUTES LATER

"You know she's long gone by now, right?" John points out. 

"Excuse me?" Rob questions. 

"She's gone like the wind, newbie." John chuckles.