A Man and Kid With A Plan

"One of those missiles has an effective range of up to 2400 kilometers. We're not going anywhere until we figure out what Fyers is planning." Slade explains to me.

"Just taking a wild guess here. But it seems like he's planning on blowing something up." I say as we watch from distance, seeing the soldiers work and the missile launcher.

"Well, one of those could do the job, kid. But this? This is about starting a war." Slade sighs.

"With who?" I wonder.

"How does it matter? A war is a war. We have to stop Fyers before he kills thousands of innocent people." Slade says.

"There are tons of soldiers down there. Even if we get through all of them we can't just steal a whole missile launcher." I reason.

"Well, who said anything about stealing it?" Slade retorts, looking through the binoculars.

"So what's the plan? Ambush?" I ask.

"It's impossible. We can't take out all six without one radioing for backup." Slade sighs.

"It'd be good if we could get all the soldiers in one place." I wonder out loud.

"You're right. You're absolutely right, kid." Slade says with a grin as he looks at me.

"What? What'd I say?" I question.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"This isn't gonna work. We're gonna die all because of your dumb plan." I mumble to myself as we walk toward the group of soldiers with the missile launcher, balaclava covering my face,

"Just follow the plan. I've got your back, kid." Slade whispers.

"Hey! I found an intruder while I was circling the perimeter." I recite in a low, strong voice.

I toss Slade ahead of me, he fakes a stumble.

"It's Wilson." A soldier says as they all approach us.

"You killed a few of my friends, you son of a bitch." Another soldier spits out.

"And I'm gonna kill a few more." He smiles, before pulling his hands behind he's back, each armed with a gun.

Soon, Slade is firing at all the soldiers. In less than a minute, they're all on the floor and unmoving.

"Say what you want, but our dumb plan worked." Slade grins.

"Our plan?" I ask.

"I wouldn't thought of it without you, kid." Slave shrugs before walking off the check that all the soldiers are dead.

:/:/:/::/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Place these around the launchers." Slade commands, handing me a bunch of detonators.

Together, we rush around the launcher. Placing each explosive around it in a orderly, but quick fashion.

"Do it quickly. Their backup will be arriving any second." Slade warns from the other side of the launcher.

'We're 60 seconds out from the launcher.' A man on the radio warns.

"More like in 59." I mumble as I place my charges down.

"Set your final charges and we'll blow it." Slade tells me.

I nod and run to the launcher. I pull open an a hidden compartment, showing me the wires and many electrical parts to the launcher.

"I think I have a better idea, Slade." I tell him as I focus on the wires and parts in front of me.

"What are you doing?" Slade exclaims.

"I'm taking the circuit board. Computers won't work without them and neither will this." I tell him.

Slade runs up and pulls me into a quick hug.

"Leverage." He chuckles.

:/:/:/::/::/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Here. Your plan, your call." Slade says, hiding a smile as he hands me the radio.

I nod nervously and take it from his hand. With a deep breath and a reassuring look from Slade, I speak into the walkie-talkie.

"Fyers." I say in the radio.

"Ms. Queen, I thought I might be hearing from you." Fyers responds.

"We have the circuit board." I taunt.

"You're making a grave mistake. My men are scouring the island for you as we speak. And when they find you, they will kill you. Very slowly, I'm afraid." Fyers warns.

"If your men kill us, then you'll never find the circuit board. And after that, we both know that all you'll be left with is a really ugly piece of modern art. And you made a grave mistake too. You tortured the wrong kid and pissed off the wrong Aussie." I snap at him

"Then what do you propose?" Fyers sighs.

"A trade." I answer.

"I see. And what do you want in exchange?" He questions.

"I want a way off the island." I answer strongly.

Author's Note: vote and comment what you thought! Sorry for the late update. All mistakes are mine and don't need to be pointed out!!!