The Wall

I deliver punch after punch to the punching bag, slamming my fist into it, feeling the stretch of my muscles with every swing. Every punch to the bag is like a punch to the memories of the Dark Archer, forcing them done. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I throw the tennis ball in the air, immediately drawing an arrow and firing it. The arrow digs itself into the wall, and the tennis ball falls to the ground. Bouncing off the floor, taunting me.

"How you doing?" John ask as he enters the cave.

"Fine. Any news on Walter?" I huff throwing my bow down and tossing my quiver away, dodging his question.

"My guy with Bureau has nothing, same with interpol." John sighs as he picks up the tennis ball. 

"Either Walter doesn't want to be found, or someone doesn't want him to be found." I conclude.

"It's been 6 weeks, Thea. No contact from the kidnappers, no ransom demand, and no proof of life." John says.

"Let's not dance around the fact that we both believe he's dead, Diggle." I snap.

"Then, what would you like to do, Thea?" John ask softly.

"I don't know. But my family needs me right now." I say as I begin to walk off.

"Who's gonna help you?" John questions, stopping me in my tracks.

"Let it go, John." I sigh.

"You're not okay, Thea. Anyone can see that. Stop pretending that you are. You keep pretending, you might get yourself killed." John says harshly pushing past me to leave, not without slamming the tennis ball in my hands.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Hey, Mom. There's some dinner downstairs, just some burgers and fries from Big Belly Burger. We could pop in a DVD?" I offer, leaning in her bedroom doorway.

"Thank you, dear. But I'm not hungry." Mom sighs, offering a sad, pitiful smile.

"If you change your mind." I say sadly before walking off.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Seen the movie before." Oliver says as he sits down next to me, already eating his fries.

"Well, cut some slack to the person who was gone for 5 years." I chuckle as the movie begins to play.

"I don't think Mom will snap out of it, Thea." Oliver confesses.

"Well what snapped her out while Dad and I were gone?" I ask.

"Walter. Came here and barged in with his British accent. He got her up and out. And now that he's gone, I don't know who'll save her now." Oliver sighs sadly.

"We will. Mom has been there for us through everything, she needs us so we will be there." I say strongly.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Halfway through the movie, my phone begins to vibrate, but it's not my regular phone. 

"I have to take this." I excuse myself, walking away quickly into a secluded spot of the house.

I take a deep calming breath, before answering the phone.

"Hello? I need your help." An all to familiar voice says. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"I didn't think you'd come. You haven't been seen for awhile. Where have you been?" Laurel says as I enter her apartment, once I've cut the lights off.