Trashmouth

Saturday, May 26, 1992
Derry, Maine

"So everyone comes home today?" Bev asked Bill. He nodded, but then realized she obviously couldn't see him and said,

"Yeah. I got in late last night, which is why I didn't call. I'm s-sorry."

"It's okay." He could hear the smile in her voice.

"Uh, I'm actually at the airport now, waiting in my car. Mike is meeting me here. I haven't seen or talked to Richie yet."

"I figured he'd be there, trash talking random people while he waits for his beloved Spaghetti Man." Bill chuckled.

"I know. I'm surprised I haven't seen him cursing someone out yet. But hey, he might be around here somewhere. Then again, I haven't really talked to him much in the last two years, so maybe he doesn't do that anymore." They were both silent for a few seconds and then they both laughed.

"Sure, I'll believe that when pigs fly." She said and he laughed. He looked up and saw Mike walking towards his car, so he said, "Hey, Mike is here, so I'll call you back later, okay?"

"Okay. Bye Bill."

"Bye Bev." He hung up the phone and got out to greet Mike. They hugged.

"How you doing, man?" Mike asked.

"I'm good! I just got off the phone with Bev, actually." He said, grinning. "How about you?"

"I'm good too, it's pretty boring without everyone here."

"Yeah, school is pretty boring too. I have friends there, but no one will compare to you guys." Mike grinned at him and clapped him on the back.

"So, where's Trashmouth, huh?"

"Right here mutha fuckas!" They turned around just as the tall, curly haired potty mouth walked up to them. "Sorry I took so long, I was out doing Eddie's mom if you know what I mean-"

"Beep beep Richie." Bill said, chuckling. Richie glared at him for a second, but his grin returned as he gave them each a one armed hug.

"Nah, I was practicing with my band at the park for our last show tonight." He told them as they began to walk into the airport.

"Your last show?" Mike asked as Bill asked,

"Your band? Since when did you have a band?"

"Are you guys breaking up or something?" Mike continued. Richie shook his head.

"Fuck no, they're like the family that actually gives a shit." He replied, looking around. He was nervous. He hadn't seen Eddie in a year, although they talked on the phone all the time, seeing and speaking to each other in person was so much better. "It's our last one until fall." He explained.

"They're all going to visit family and stuff over the summer, or go on road trips or some shit." He shrugged and looked at Bill. "I've actually been with them for a little over four years now."

"How the hell do I not know about it then?" Richie just shrugged. "Well, which park is it at? I'm gonna come watch it tonight."

"It's at the one closest to the square." He answered.

"Sweet. What's the name of the band?" Bill asked.

"Take one guess." Mike said, chuckling.

"Hm...Trashmouth?"

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner, my good fellows!" He exclaimed, high fiving him. Richie looked behind the two, having been standing in front of them, and grinned, pushing past them to greet the next two losers.