Seeing Double, Literally

Saturday, June 16, 1992 
6 PM

"Mike! Stop making out with your fiance and come the fuck on!" Richie yelled, throwing an arm around Eddie's shoulders as the two walked away from the car. They were going on a double date as El had excitedly called it, at Benny's for milkshakes, and of course, Eddie was thrilled to spend more time with her. The four just left the Wheeler's house, having had lunch with Karen, Ted, Nancy, Jonathan, Lonora and Holly and then spent the next couple hours for family photos, as Karen desperately wanted to have Richie and Eddie both in family photos, whereas Richie cried again, from happiness of course, when he was by himself for a few minutes. They'd taken multiple, with all of them, some of just the siblings and many more, Jonathan promising to print everyone a couple copies.

"Let them be, Richard."

"Spaghetti, I'm his older brother. I'm going to embarrass him in anyway possible."

"By six minutes, Richie, jeez." Eddie rolled his eyes and opened the door. Richie snickered. "Ladies first." Eddie motioned for him to walk in as he cackled and did as he was told.

"Where do you wanna sit, Eds?"

"Don't call me that. And over there in the corner." He pointed and Richie nodded, taking his hand and walking that way.

"Little Wheeler! I didn't think I'd see you until Monday!" A man with great hair stated happily, standing up. Richie stopped and looked at him.

"Who the fuck are you?" The man looked at him weird. "And I am by all means, not little if you know what I mean." Eddie punched him in the side

"Um..." He looked at Eddie and then saw their hands clasped together. "You're not El."

"No, I'm Eddie. Who are you?"

"Steve? Steve Harrington."

"Mama Steve?" Richie perked up at that, grinning. Steve groaned.

"Don't call me that. Jesus Christ, did you get hit in the head or something."

"Richie, leave Steve alone." Mike called, walking hand in hand with El. Steve's eyes widened.

"No, I got hit on the head. I'm seeing double, what the hell." He smacked his forehead.

"You probably did, because do you not remember Dustin talking to you for two hours and telling you about Billy getting his ass handed to him?" El asked. "And let's sit down and get out of everyone's way." Eddie nodded in agreement, tugging Richie along and to the booth they'd been heading to. They sat on one side, Mike and El sat on the other, and Steve brought up a chair.

"All he said was Mike's twin brother. He didn't say a name or anything but he said it was badass."

"He wasn't even there." Mike rolled his eyes.

"You weren't either." Richie pointed out. "You got there just in time to pull the fucker off me. I have battle scars, dude, lookie here." He held out his fist to Steve, who saw very faint marks on his knuckles. He chuckled and shook his head. "Anyways, Richie Tozier, Mike's big brother." He grinned cheekily. "Nice to meet ya, Mama Steve."

"I'm going to kill Dustin."

"This is Eddie Spaghetti, isn't he a cutie?" Richie pinched his cheeks and Eddie slapped his hands away, scowling at him.

"Nice to meet you, Eddie." He turned to Richie. "I'm your sisters ex." Eddie made a strangled sound and covered his mouth, eyes slightly widened.

"You okay?" Richie asked immediately. Eddie nodded.

"I just realized something, holy shit." Richie raised an eyebrow. "Remember all those mom jokes you used to do? And still do?" He nodded. "And all those sister jokes I'd say back, and you didn't know you had a sister." Richie stared at him for a couple seconds. "You know, are those birth control pills? Yeah I'm saving them for your sister." Mike made a face and Richie just blinked, and burst out laughing.

"Oh God." He laughed, fanning himself. "That's so gross yet so funny."

"Tell me about it."

"Why did me saying I was Nancy's ex trigger that?"

"I don't know but it did. It's weird, I haven't thought about anything from back then until now." Richie nudged his foot with his own, and Eddie eyed him.

"So, Harrington, how many times did you sneak into her room?"

"Once." 

"I find that hard to believe."

"It is! Ask Mike, he saw me that one time." Steve looked over to Mike, who was distracted by El playing with his hands.

"Huh?" He looked up at them and saw the three looking at him. "What'd I miss."

"I'm kinda glad you missed some of that. Anyways, I only snuck in Nancy's window one time, and you saw me."

"Oh, nah." Steve's eyes widened. "I saw you a couple times, actually. Dude, I rode my freaking bike any time and all the time, going over to Will's and shit. I saw you a couple times, I just somehow managed to be quiet."

"Oh."

"I've walked in on you and her, and her and Jonathan more than I'd like to admit."

"Sucks for you little bro." Richie grinned at him.

"I'ma give you another black eye if you don't shut up, Richard." He held his hands up, chuckling.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Michael, chill." Mike scowled at him.

"So what's it like being a Wheeler? Are you just as weird as Mike?"

"Okay first off-" Mike started but El just patted his shoulder and he shut up. Eddie couldn't help but snicker at that.

"I was weird when I was younger." Richie said. Eddie scoffed.

"Only when you were younger?" Richie grinned at him cheekily. "You've gotten weirder over the years. You know, the first song he ever wrote was about our secret relationship."

"Huh?" El looked at him. Eddie nodded.

"Yep. We kept our relationship from the losers for a while, because we didn't wanna break up and split the group or anything."

"Then Stan's nosy ass had to catch us making out in my car." Richie started grumbling under his breath about stupid little bird man.

"I'm gonna tell him you called him a stupid little bird man." Steve said. "Even though I've never met this Stan."

"Snitch." Steve snickered.

"Anyways, Dustin wants to have a little get together or something at my house tomorrow night if you guys wanna come. The other three dipshits are going and you can bring your friends too."

"Why, so you can snitch?" Richie looked at him accusingly.

"Duh. And I want to meet your friends."

"Are you gonna adopt them too?" Mike asked cheekily. Steve stared at him for a couple seconds.

"If you don't-"

"Mama Steve!" Mike and Richie both exclaimed, causing El and Eddie to laugh.

"To answer your question," El looked at Mike. "He's obligated to adopt Richie, seeing as he's your brother, and all his friends by default."