Chapter-1

I stared at my reflection, trying to make out the details of my look for tonight. I didn't want things to be over done. But I didn't want them to be under done either.

I wore an off white dress up to my knees. It clung to my frame, ennobling my curves in a decent manner. I tried all my best with my hairs. If they were blonde then I hadn't had to put so much effort in styling them look good. But there was nothing distinctive about them. They were ordinary shade of caramel brown which I had clutched in a loosed bun for tonight with curled up locks spilling on either side of my face.

The second most thing I wished I had after blonde shade of hair was a little tan on my pasty skin. I was pale, straight out of those vampire fictions. Even though, I had applied some make up to add some glow over my skin, it didn't help. One thing I was thankful about my hairs was that they weren't red. Or with a pale skin and red hairs, I would've been easily mistaken for a clown.

I looked in my eyes through the mirror. They were solid golden, a beautiful shade of amber that most of people had complimented me about. So they were the only feature about my appearance I loved.

I wasn't looking half as bad as I thought. So taking a deep breath, I loped outside my room.

"Looking quite a beauty!" A playful voice from side remarked.

I glanced at Janice who was sitting on the couch with her goofy grin and gave her a small smile.

She scooted of the couch and walked over to me. "No wonder you are asked on dates this often."

Well, it wasn't like she had no dates to her at all. Her fiery red hairs and slightly tanned skin were a beautiful compliment to her oceanic blue eyes which were a rare combination to natural red hairs.

"Don't jinx me now," I nonchalantly replied, picking up my car keys from the shelf by the door. 

"I'm more like your lucky charm, silly," she playfully jabbed at my arm.

I rolled my eyes. "Ya, sure. I wonder what happened to you being my lucky charm when Jared ditched me on my first date during our sophomore year."

She smirked in confidence. "My powers are much stronger than before."

I just shook my head at her eccentricity.

As I walked up to the door, she slid herself in front of me, blocking my way with her hands on her hips. And I readied myself for some obvious thing she always said in this stance.

"We might be best friends since preschool," She had no need to remind me that. What was I thinking, when I sat beside her? "But still you're curfew is elven. You can't drink your guts out as you have to drive. Am I making my rules clear, missy?" she added, pretending a firm voice.

My eyes narrowed as I glared the daggers at her. How she had an audacity to say all these things to me when she never for once followed her own rules.

She came past three in the morning. She would be puking her guts out in the toilet while I had to hold her hairs back. And sometimes, her dates had to carry her to her bedroom all the way from the venue they would decide.

She was quite lucky nineteen years old according to her bizarre taste in boys that they were surprisingly decent enough to not get in her pants in her vulnerable state.

She didn't budge even after glaring her down. So I sighed in defeat. There was no winning when it comes to her. "The place we decided to meet is a cafe near my parents place. And it's weekend, so I'll be staying there."

"Oh! So I don't have to wait," as if she would be waiting. "Okay, now, hurry and get out!" she pulled the door open, and literally pushed me out of my own apartment.