•1•

The little girl just could not sleep
Because her thoughts were way too deep
Her mind had gone out for a stroll
And fallen down a rabbit hole.
• • •
Listen to Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur for this chapter.

• • •

I walked out of the office with my head in the clouds and my sanity down in wonderland.

I'd finally made my mark in this world. Everything was in place. I walked up the flights of stairs till I reached the terrace on the very last floor, and peered down at the roads below.

I pictured Tyler's blue eyes, Gran's tea parties and Dad's lovely garden. I remembered Mia's almond-shaped eyes, Mom's views on feminism and Robin's long black hair.

I thought of the Finleys in that large empty house and all the other spirits that wandered the earth, seeking solace. I thought about Ava and Shay, who made me feel accepted in the haunting years of high school. I quietly thanked Julia who brought me this far.

And then I thought of Leo, who taught me to believe in love, but got none in return.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This was it.

"You're mad, bonkers, off your head,"Leo said, appearing beside me. He looked like he wanted to stop me, but didn't make the effort. He knew it was too late to change my mind. "But I'll tell you a secret," I whispered back with a smile. I hoisted myself onto the concrete railing and looked down at the street below me.

"All the best people are."

• • •

Alice's story began when she fell down that rabbit hole. But mine? That's how it came to an end.

Before, I was suspended at the brink of madness.

But then, I was falling into the clutches of death.

I was falling into the pits of insanity.

I was falling...
In love.

• • •
The End
• • •

A/N Thank you for reading All The Best People Are! It has been really fun writing and updating the chapters in this book and I truly hope you liked it❤

~Olivia