Chapter 2

THE REST OF THE day went well, despite the fact that I got a detention. I headed to the school cafeteria, with my arm entwined with  Sam's. We sat on our usual table, away from the crowded noise. 

  "I haven't went out in such a long time." I complained. 

  "Wanna come over today and watch a movie?" Sam offered

  "Can't. I have detention, remember?"

  "Oh, right... Well, guess the popcorn is all mine this time." He said  

teasingly. 

  "Are you going to keep torturing me about my detention? Cause if you  are, I might just have to kick your ass." 

  "Ha! I'd love to see you try." 

  "Unbelievable." 

  "You know you love me." 

  "Whatever." 

  After we were done eating, we both separate ways for our next class. "I'll see you after class." Sam bid his goodbye. 

  "How many times do I have to tell you? I have detention!" I replied. 

  "Oh right, right," he faked forgetting about my after school detention.

  "See you tomorrow, kiddo." He winked and walked away.   

  "Not sure I want to," I muttered.

Detention class was empty, although I expected a lot more people to have detention today... But then again, who'd get detention on the very first day back from the weekends? No one. Only morons like me and Tyler Stille. Mr. Sabb, who was in charge of after school detentions today, was sitting on his chair, correcting exams of last week's quiz. He barely realized my presence. 

  I chose a seat in the far end corner. I opened my blue bag and got my English books out and rested my head on the wall.

  It was my first time here. In detention, I mean. I always stayed away from all the trouble, my records were clean and my marks were above the acceptable. The classroom wasn't built for many students, I noticed because it wasn't exactly large in size. The walls looked like they haven't been repainted for a thousand years; there were writings and small drawings all over 

  Despite the fact that my books were on the desk and within my reach,  I didn't quiet feel like studying. I wanted to sleep, but too afraid of getting another detention by Mr. Sabb if he'd notice me, so I decided to endure my drowsiness instead. I continued to examine the room. 

  I must have spent at least thirty minutes looking at the plain and boring  room until I heard footsteps from outside. It was getting louder and closer by the second. That was when Tyler Stille came barging into the room, thirty minutes late.

  Mr. Sabb's head snapped right up. "Mr. Stille, what are y---" Mr. Sabb looked down to read the time on his watch. "You are late!" Mr. Sabb finally realized. 

  I could tell by Tyler Stille's facial expression that we were both thinking the same thing, that Mr. Sabb just realized his absence. 

  Ignoring Mr. Sabb's remark, Tyler sat three seats away from mine in front. 

  Oh, but Mr. Sabb refused to let this go. "Mr. Stille, go to the principal's office, where a phone call to your parents will be made." 

  "That won't be necessary." Tyler shrugged. "Hey, sir, remember the bunch of exam papers you kept in your car? Why don't you go and get them?"  

  "Bunch of papers?" Mr. Sabb looked as confused and lost as I was.

  "Yeah, you know the ones." Tyler was looking straight at Mr. Sabb. Both of them were focusing on each other.