•THREE•

•Athanasios' P.O.V•

There was a knock on my door. "Yes?" I shouted so that whoever was on the other side could hear me through the thick wood. I continued to sort through piles and piles of paper when my door opened. The scent of my beta immediately flooded my nose. "We must go and see the girl now," He says. I nod and set the outrageous piles of paper to the side of my large desk. The time has finally come to see what all the fuss about this girl has been for. I follow Orion down to the cells. A beautiful smell hits my nose but I do not pay it any mind. I grow more and more curious as we descend down the long hallway all the way to the lonely door that stayed at the very end. Orion walks into the room and I follow. As soon as I see the girl I feel my wolf whimper inside.

'Mate! Mate! Mate!' He chanted.

My wolf jumped around, acting borderline retarded. I had to tell him to calm down before he ruined my front.

A growl erupted from my chest. The beautiful scent was growing stronger now. "Leave," I order everyone. Zephyra looked to me before nodding and scurrying out of the room with the human following closely behind. I saw that Orion stayed by my side. "That means you too," I bark at him. He nods before walking out of the door nonchalantly. I wait until his scent is no longer within range before I approach the girl.

My wolf cried as I stepped further into the dark room and over to the girl who was mine. She sat against the wall with her head hung low. She looked uncomfortable. I could feel her pain now that I was standing so close to her. Her hair was messy and tangled. I kneeled down next to her body. I finally got a glimpse of her face. She was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I loved her dark eyebrows, small lips, and adorable nose. I carefully lifted my large hand and brushed my fingers against her cheek. She was so cold. I watched as she leaned her head against my hand. A small smile broke out on my face. I slid my hands under her back and legs to lift her up bridal style. She was so light... so small. I could break her little form without even trying. I carried her out of this prison. I slowly carried her down the hall while studying her face.

She looked so peaceful and innocent in my arms. I brushed the strands of hair out of her beautiful face. I couldn't wait for her eyes to open so that I could know what color they were. Once we reached the stairs, I made sure to not trip or falter in my steps. She was too precious. Once we reached the top of the steps I took the deserted hall all the way to my chamber. The whole way there I couldn't stop looking at my mate. I have been waiting for this all these years. I finally have found my other half. It all felt surreal. I pushed open the heavy door that lead to my chamber and walked through, letting the door shut on its own behind me.

My room was decorated in black. Everything was black from the floors to the large curtains that hang over the tall windows. I walked over to the bed that was much larger than a king bed and gently laid my mate down. She looked so skinny. I immediately felt the guilt weighing on me. She should not have been treated like this. When I took my hand away from her I heard her whimper.

I never thought that the mate bond would be this strong. It was overwhelming even. My heart almost broke when I heard her whimper. I took her hand in mine and used my other hand to caress her cheek. She was mine and not another's. I never would've thought that a rogue who crossed my pack's borders would be my mate. I will treat her like the queen she is and I will make sure that no one hurts her until the day I die. I will begin today. I contacted a pack member to bring up a big plate of food within an hour.

My wolf was anxiously waiting for our mate to wake up. She had been asleep in my bed for around forty minutes and I was ready for her to wake up. I must keep reminding myself that she needs some time. The food had come up the dumbwaiter three or so minutes ago. The plate was piled with fruit, vegetables, meats and more. I did not believe she would finish it all. Over the forty minutes that I have sat by her side, my love has only grown for her. I didn't even speak to her once yet it was none other than incredible. Her hand didn't slip from mine once and she looked beautiful with that small smile on her lips as she slept.

'Meet me at the river at seven'

My beta's voice left my head as quickly as it came. I did not even have enough time to reply to him. That's Orion for you. Sometimes I couldn't believe that he was my best friend. I returned my eyes to look down at my mate only to find big and beautiful green ones staring right up at me.