•TWELVE•

Natalie's POV

Athanasios had fed me my whole meal. And no matter how many times I told him I could handle it myself, he insisted that he'd do it.

"It's getting late," Athanasios says. He was currently laying on the bed, looking equivalent to a model. "Yeah, we should head to sleep soon," I say, looking out the window. There was a dark night sky that glistened onto the ocean. I saw nothing but water for miles. I guess it kinda freaked me out because I let out a gasp. "What happened?" Athanasios was up in a flash and by my side.

"T-theres nothing but water," I breathe out. I felt Athanasios' arms wrap me in his embrace. "Don't worry. As long as I'm with you, you are safe." He says, leading me away from the window. I felt him sit us down on the bed. I wrapped my arms around him and cuddle further into his large muscled chest. I felt his hands go to my back and start rubbing soothing circles.

"Let's go to sleep," he suggests before turning us both laying me down on the bed. He soon followed after turning the lights out. I couldn't see anything other than Athanasios' silhouette. The rocking of the boat was a little frightening but found a way to lull me to sleep.

_____

"You can't catch me!" I laughed as Athanasios tried to run after me. "Please stop! You're going to fall, Natalie!" He yells after me as I dash around the pool. Another laugh escaped me when I finally slipped and fell. "Natalie!" Athanasios ran towards me with the most worried face. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asks frantically. He gently lifted me up and set me on my feet. He never removed his hands from my sides.

I smiled quickly when a bright idea popped into my head. I used all my might to push him into the pool. He was so tall that most of his abdomen didn't go under. "I'm fine." His frustrated face added to my amusement. "Now, you're getting it," he starts to climb out of the pool and I take that as my queue to run.

I swiftly turn around and make a sprint for the door. "Come here!" I heard Athanasios yell just as the door shut behind me. I ran down the halls laughing like a maniac, hoping that I was fast enough to get away from him.

"Stop you'll fall again!" I heard his voice a few steps behind me. I was about to open the door to the game room before he scooped me up into his arms. "Got you," he whispered in my ear. I felt his wet body against my back as he held me close. "I told you to stop," He says. I was stunned by his suddenly sexy voice. I went limp in his arms and melted into his chest.

The heat inside me only grew as he carried us to the room. His hands rubbed circles on my legs and I felt the trail of sparks. I closed my eyes and accepted his touch. I was suddenly set on the floor. His lips created a trail from the back of my neck and down my spine. Every kiss seemed so special in a different way. As he got lower, he started to grip the sides of my bathing suit.

I found a confident bone in my body and turned around to face him. I placed my hand at the back of his head and pulled him in for a kiss. "You are beautiful, my princess." He murmurs against my lips. I felt my blush multiply by ten. The things this man could make me do. My legs could turn to jello with one word from him.

_____

My heart was racing as we exit the airport. Here I was. New York. It felt like an eternity since I've been here. The warm weather greeted me and all the buildings could be seen in the distance. We weren't in the busy part just yet. Athanasios seemed to stiffen beside me. "What's wrong?" I question him. He just shakes his head. We walk through the blocks as I looked for the nearest train station.

"Ever been to New York before?" I asked him. He shakes his head again. My mouth gaped open as we made a turn. "Oh come on! So you're telling me that in all your years you've never been here? Or even tried a New York pizza? You are getting a New York pizza today." I pulled him along in my new direction as I followed the blocks to my favorite pizza place. We passed many homeless people who I gave a couple of bucks to.

As we walked, I noticed many females and males checking out Athanasios. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned a straight man gay. Of course, he didn't notice all the looks because his head was tilted up, looking at all the buildings. I tapped his arm to get his attention. Once he finally looked down at me I told him a very important tip. "Stop looking up, I know it's tempting but you'll look like a tourist," I inform him. He laughs before slipping his hand into mine. "Okay then," I continue to pull him along the avenues until we reach the store. "Here," I pushed open the door and entered the pizza-smelling shop. I waited on the line with Athanasios hovering close to me.

"Hello, What can I get you?" A middle aged man asks once it's our turn to order. "Can I get a large plain pie?" I order. The man nods before telling me the price. I go to take the money out of my pocket when Athanasios suddenly puts the money onto the counter. "Fifteen minutes," he says before moving onto the next order.

"I could've paid for that," I tell Athanasios once we found a table. He shrugs before pecking my lips. "I wanted to pay for it. The money whispered to me 'Yo Athanasios! Use me to pay!'" He tries to do a high pitched voice but tremendously failed. I end up busting out laughing at his attempt up until our order was called out. "I'll get it," Athanasios says before leaving to get our order.

I turned back around to see some guy sitting in the spot my mate was just in. "Hey," I felt a little uncomfortable by his presence. "Uh, someone's sitting th-" I was cut off by the stranger. "I just think you are hella cute and wanted to know if I could have your number," he looks me up and down causing me to cower lower in my seat. "N-no, I'm taken." I explain. Who the hell was this dude? "Come on-"

"She said she's taken." Athanasios' large voice butted into the conversation as he set the food on the table. "So keep it fucking moving." He snaps at the guy. His hands suddenly shoot up in surrender. "My bad, man," he exits the booth and Athanasios stares daggers into his back as he leaves the store.

He quickly turns to me and asks, "Did he lay a finger on you?" I shake my head, telling the truth. He finally slides into the booth after giving me a questioning look. I flip open the box of pizza and take the first slice. My mouth watered as I saw the melted cheese overflowing off the pizza. I took a bite and moaned at the goodness. "Try it," I said to Athanasios.

He took one pizza and got a big bite out of it. His head nodded as he tasted the food. "It's good."

_____

Two pies later Athanasios finally finished eating. I only had two slices while Athanasios had a whopping fourteen slices. "How do you manage to eat all of that?" I question. It was like he was a black hole. "I am three hundred pounds of pure muscle," he says while he leaned back in his seat. I found it hard to disagree with that. He did appear to be a very, very muscular being.

"Let's go. I don't want to worry my family any longer." I explain before getting up with all my belongings. Athanasios huffed before getting up and following me outside.

We hopped onto a train and headed towards my neighborhood. I would be lying if I wasn't nervous. My hands were sweaty and my heart was beating at a higher rate. "Hey," I felt Athanasios place his hand on my knee. "It's going to be fine," he says reassuringly. "I will be right by your side."