Chapter 4

Hazel's POV

Birds tweeting and the sound of leaves getting brushed against each other. Bugs buzzing by my ear, and the sun shining down on me. I cover my eyes from the bright light, and suddenly, I remember what happened. Groaning as my whole body is in pain, especially my head. Feeling a bump forming on my forehead. Seeing that, I'm in the woods and not that horrible place. Realizing it is all a dream, I stand up. Wondering where I was in the woods, seeing only trees and bushes around me. Sighing as I stand, stretching out my cramped muscles while brushing off my blue dress. The bottom of it is ripped and muddy from the wet grass. I tear the bottom of my dress and take my shoes off. They are also falling apart and I like the feel of the grass in between my toes.

Thinking back to why I'm in the woods, and I remember the bear, the basket, and last the figure that was chasing after me. Remembering the feeling of how scared I was, and the pain of thinking I am going to die at the hands of the creature. I begin to walk away, trying to remember where I am and to find the basket. Knowing my mother is probably worried sick already. Or at least the nursemaid will be worried. To see my small figure, brown hair, and green eyes smiling at her while in hand I held the basket full of flowers and berries. I begin to run to the spot where I left the basket. But thinking back, realizing that would never happen, they probably didn't even notice I'm gone; they never care.

Grass soft against my feet, the rocks biting into my skin. The pain I felt is soon gone, numbed by the adrenaline running through me. Seeing everything go by me, and I look around noticing that I sort of remember this place. I slow down, taking deep breaths to make my heart stop pumping like crazy. Looking around for my basket; I finally see it where I had left it, by the meadow. In the meadow, I like to pick flowers from, for my father. Walking over to the basket, I see everything is there. I smile, eating one of the berries I had picked. Picking it back up, and slipping it on my arm. Quickly walking back down the path, but along the side. Not wanting to walk on the rocks the whole time, and tear my feet apart if I walked on the path. Finally, making my way home.

It's been an hour of trekking through the woods, wondering if I'm lost. Suddenly, I hear the neighing of a horse. My mood perks up, and I begin to run toward the noise. Smiling when I see a man with a horse, he's standing beside the gray stallion. Messing with the leather saddlebags, I gently walk towards him. "Hello, do you know..." I stop.

His face, it's Lucas. He smiles at me. "May I help you?" I just stare at him with my mouth open, no words could express what I'm thinking and feeling right now.

"I was just wondering if you know how far away the castle is?" I finally answer him, stuttering almost every word.

"I was just heading to the castle myself, and if you want I can escort you back?" He questions back.

Patting the stallion's butt, "I too have family in the castle."

I stare at him wondering if he is telling the truth. He looks like he is, and if I trust him in the other world, why couldn't I now? I know I don't want to tell him about the crazy dream, incase he thought I'm mad. Leaving me in these woods forever, and that would not be good.

"Thank you, I would forever am grateful for this." I acknowledge, walking slowly to the stallion. Petting it's back, and staring up at Lucas. Wondering if he remembered me too, from that strange land.

"Here, give me your foot," He advises, bending down. Clasping his hands together, I put my foot in his hands. Lucas then helps me onto the back of the stallion, and I sat side saddle since I am in a dress, also, I am a lady.

Lucas walks beside the horse, holding onto its leather reins while I held onto its soft white hair. Gripping for dear life, I hope I wouldn't fall in front of him. "How long have you and your family lived here?" I ask because I pretty much know everyone in the kingdom.