I

Chapter One: Nothing a Race Can't Fix

I corn row the left side of my head to make it look shaved. I fix my makeup then get dressed. By the end I was clad in a set of black Calvin Klein intimates, black skinny jeans with rips at the knees, a white wife beater, and my black leather jacket. I pair it with my black combat boots and leave my house. I open my garage and take the elevator down to my cars.

"You look like you could win a race." I smirk getting into my purple Lamborghini. I start her up and rev the engine a few times before it raises to the main floor. I drive out of my garage and toward the starting line. I watch around for other possible racers heading that way. I wink at myself in the rearview mirror. "You got this mama." I rev the engine as I pull up to the starting line.

"Ten minutes til start. Do your final checks and upgrades now." A tall man, roughly 6'8 states. He must be the one who organized this. He was ripped, wore baggy ripped jeans and no shirt, his hat was on backwards and he was smoking a blunt. The other racers get out and check their cars. I sit behind tinted glass and cross my arms behind my head. They pile back in their cars and a whore comes out in front of us. She had skimpy little shorts that her ass hung out of, boots that went to her thighs, and a poor excuse of a crop top in which the bottom of her boobs her trying to break loose. She dances around and the men in the other cars gawk. I roll my eyes and retch before putting my heads on the wheel. She keeps dancing and I rev the engine. She glares in my direction before walking off the road as shots are fired into the air. I ease on the gas allowing myself to be in back. I speed up and stay on the tail of a black Camaro. The first turn comes up and he spins out. I drift through the turn and weave through traffic, easily passing two other cars.

A red car weaves through the traffic ahead and I turn and drive up the shoulder trying to get ahead. My phone starts buzzing like crazy and I press my bluetooth button.

"Hey kid, get your ass back home. Cops are onto everybody. They are arresting everyone who came to watch." Dave says through the speakers. "Be careful and please don't get arrested, we don't need to compromise your identity."

"I'm headed home now, Dave. I'll be careful." I look up in the rearview mirror to be greeted by flashing lights. "If I can get these assholes of my ass." I pull onto the freeway and press the gas pedal to the floor. I catch up with the red car and pull in front of him. "I'm on the damn freeway, hopefully this other idiot takes the heat off of me." The red car pulls up beside me. "Or not." I grumble and try to go faster. "I'll call you when I make it home Dave."

"Okay kiddo." I hang up and drift around a curve. The cops hit the red car with a bullet and it shuts down. The guy driving gets out and starts running. I clench my jaw before doing a 180 and stopping in front of him.

"Get in!" I yell. He runs over and jumps in. I spin back around and start driving down the freeway.

"Woah, wait, you're a chick?" He exclaims. I pull off of the freeway.

"A chick who just saved your ass." I snap glaring in his direction.

"Alli?" He breathes.

"Hey Josh." I smirk slowing down.

"It's been eight years and all I get is a hey josh." He gawks at me.

"All I got was an Alli, so whatever." I shrug. "Where the hell do you live?"

"Right up this road." He states. I pull onto it and drive past my mansion.

"I've always wondered who lives there." He says.

"Huh, me too." I state. "I live on the other side of town."

"This one right here." I pull up to another mansion and get out.

"Why is this chick driving that dudes car from the race?" Some guy asks. "And why were you with her?"

"First of all this chick has a name, second of its my damn car, and I saved his ass from being arrested." I snap.

"Damn Alli, chill." Josh says. "You still got one hell of a mouth on you."

"You know her?" Another dude asks.

"She's Andy's little sister, I ain't seen her in almost eight years." Josh replied.

"So you're a Rodriguez eh?" A third guy steps up to me.

"Step the fuck back before I lay your ass out." I sneer.

"Jesus Christ mama, I'm just trying to make a friend." He holds his hands up.

"Let me be formal with her." A fourth idiot flicks his cigarette out holds a hand out toward me. "Lip Narraway." I shake his hand.

"Alli Rodriguez." I smirk. "Who are your other buddies, besides Josh?"

"Well the one who was creeping up on you is Alex Smith, he's a hand full and a half, the dude that asked if Josh knew you is Calvin Drake, and the one you smarted off is Vincent Black." Lip replies.

"Well I don't care if he is the leader of the Italian Mafia, don't smart me off and I'll leave you alone." I state.

"That mouth of yours is gonna get you killed one of these days." Josh shakes his head.

"Aye, I can take care of myself." I step up to him.

"You've grown up a lot." He scoffs.

"Look at you, you're in the mafia!" I retort.

"You're street racing, in a Lamborghini!" He retorts.

"You're in the fucking mafia Josh!" I smack his chest.

"You have a Lamborghini!" He exclaims.

"Can you two just shut the fuck up!?!" Vincent snaps.

"Bite me, Hasselhoff." I snap back.

"Keep it up and see if I don't blow your brains out." He sneers.

"You wouldn't do that to Andy would you?" Lip steps in front me.

"He's got a point Vince." Calvin states.

"Well it ain't Andy, it's his sister." Vincent snaps.

"Still man, it'd be like Andy going after Gabby. That is a line you don't cross." Alex crosses his arms.

"Leave her alone Vince." Josh says. My phone vibrates in my pocket.

"I gotta go." I state grabbing my phone. "I'll see you later, yeah?" I get into my car and drive home, but I take the back road. "Whatcha got for me Dave?"

"You said you'd call when you got home." He states.

"Sorry, ran into an old friend, I'm going home now." I say turning onto the back road.

"Why does it sound like you're on the back road?" He asks.

"That would be because I am on the back road." I reply. "That friend I ran into is part of the Italian Mafia and they live down the street. So, just so they don't find out who the Serpiente de la Muerte really is, because they know Allison Rodriguez, Andy's little sister. I just hope they don't find out that I'm really an assassin who is also a street fighter."

"Good Luck, and that also means no more Lamborghini except for racing."

"I know David, don't rub it in my face." I huff before pulling in the back of my garage. I step out and press the button that lowers the car down and parks it. I walk inside and go upstairs to my room. I take the cornrows out of my hair and undress before drawing a bath. I step in and sink down until the water covers everything except my head. "Shit." I breathe closing my eyes.