II

Chapter Two: Serpiente de la Muerte

I roll out of bed and grab my robe. I put it on and tie it closed. I walk downstairs to my kitchen and stretch. I put blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, spinach, greek yogurt, and protein powder into my blender and start it up. My phone rings and I put it on speaker.

"Good Morning Dave." I greet grabbing eggs from the fridge and a frying pan.

"Morning, Alli, I've got a fight for you today." He says.

"When and Where?" I ask putting olive oil in the pan and cracking the eggs onto it.

"Noon behind the club, the ring is being set up as we speak." He replies.

"I'll be there. I'm thinking I'll make my hair purple this time, and green contacts." I state frying two eggs. The blender shuts off and I roll my eyes.

"Sounds good to me. See you there." He hangs up and I put my phone down. I slide my eggs onto a plate and put the pan in the sink. I pour my smoothie into a glass and put the pitcher into the sink as well. I eat my breakfast and chug the smoothie before going back upstairs. I take off my robe and grab my washable purple hair dye and apply it to my hair. I brush it in before braiding back my hair.

I brush my teeth then put in my green contacts

I brush my teeth then put in my green contacts. I search through my clothes and find my black and green Nike pros.

I put on black ankle socks and my black Nike trainers before grabbing my fighting bag and running down stair to my workout room

I put on black ankle socks and my black Nike trainers before grabbing my fighting bag and running down stair to my workout room. I put an alarm on my phone 11 and start training. I grab my black gloves from my bag and adjust them just right. I get in my fighting stance and rock back and forth a few times before hitting the bag a few times, swerve and duck, hit again, duck, step back, roundhouse kick.

"You're training early? Got another fight?" My trainer, Mandy, who just so happens to be Dave's wife asks.

"Yeah," I hit the bag a few times, "Dave called this morning and said they were having one behind the club," I duck before kicking the bag and punching a few times, "I figured Serpiente de la Muerte would show up, besides, I always love a fight." I bicycle kick the bag and step away.