XII

Chapter Twelve: Post Traumatic Stress

Allison's POV

I slowly sit up in the bed and run my hands down my face. I stretch out my arms and yawn. I look over to find that Lip is gone. I crawl out of bed and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and my hair, and use the bathroom. I pull my hair up into a ponytail and get ready. I throw on a basic black sports bra and matching compression shorts, lace up tennis shoes and run downstairs.

"What are you doing?" Dave asks from the couch.

"I'm gonna work out a little, probably spar with Mandy." I reply pointing to my gym. "Where is she anyways?"

"Take a break kiddo." He sighs ignoring my question.

"I'm fine Dave." I retort. "Where's Mandy?" He ignores me again. "Fine, I'll just train by myself then." My hands slap my thighs before I turn and walk into the gym. I grab the remote from the stand and turn on the stereo system. Music starts pumping through the gym just as Mandy walks in.

"Are you sure that you want to train?" She asks.

"Yes. I'm one hundred percent absolutely positively sure." I state tightening my ponytail. "Don't go easy on me either."

"I don't think this is such a good idea hija." She sighs.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?!" I explode. "I'm fucking fine! I don't see why you fuckers treat me like I'm fucking two! I'm not a fucking baby!"

"Allison-"

"FUCK YOU!" I flip the steel cabinet and start to walk away. I grab a thirty dumbbell and throw it toward Mandy. "Get the fuck out." I growl walking further into the gym. I pull my at my hair before mercilessly punching the wall. I stumble back and shake my head before leaving out the back door of the gym. I walk down the hall and press my hand against the screen beside the door. The metal door slides open and I step inside. The door shuts behind me and I slightly jump. I walk further into the room and drop to my knees with my hands in my hair. I roll back onto my butt and stare at my feet. I rock back and forth. "No dejes que me atrapen, por favor no dejes que me atrapen." (Don't let them get me, please don't let them get me.) "No dejes que me atrapen. No dejes. Por favor no dejes. No dejes que me atrapen." Tears slide down my cheeks. "No dejes que me atrapen."

***

Lip's POV

"Where's Alli?" I ask furrowing my brows and crossing my arms.

"She threw a dumbbell at me after cussing me out and ran off." Mandy replies with a sigh leaning further into the couch. "She's not doing too well."

"That doesn't tell me where she is." I deadpan.

"Go to the servalence room. We don't know where she is." Dave states sipping on a cup of coffee. I walk down the hall to the servalence room and look at the screens. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement. I turn and look to find her sitting in floor of an empty room rocking back and forth.

"No dejes que me atrapen. No dejes que me atrapen por favor."

I shake my head and make the picture bigger. I turn and leave the room. I sprint down the hall and face the door. I place my hand on the screen and it turns red.

"Allison, let me in." I wait and only hear whispering the same thing to herself. "Allison please. It's me, Lip. Let me help you." The same response. "Let me in princessa." I bang on the door. "Come on baby, let me in." I place my hand on the screen again, no avail. "Allison, it's Lip, let me help you." Gila runs down the hall toward me and scratches at the door. "Alli, please." He stands on his hind legs and presses his paw against the screen. It lights up and the door opens. We run into the room and he pushes his head against her. I walk toward her and crouch beside her.

"No dejes que me atrapen." She shakes her head, tears streaming her face. Gila whimpers and nuzzles his snout under her arm. "No dejes por favor." Her eyes are glossed over, lifeless, full of fear.

"Allison, talk to me." I grab her hand in mine and she starts shaking her head, continuing on with her trance. I place my hand on the side of her cheek and she doesn't stop. "Allison it's okay. You're safe." Gila pushes his way into her lap and nudges up under her chin with head. "Esta bien, estas a salvo te tengo." (It's okay, you're safe, I've got you.) "Estas a salvo, te tengo." I gently push her hair away from her face. "Esta bien, te tengo princessa." She blinks a few times and shakes her head. Gila lifts his head and whines. Her free arm wraps around him and she buries her face in his fur. I gently squeeze her hand before releasing it. Her other wraps around him and her body shakes from the sobs. I gently rub her back. "It's okay Alli, you're okay." Gila licks her head a few times before nuzzling against her neck. She sniffles before pulling away from the dog. She wipes her nose on the back of her hand before leaning against me. I wrap my arms around her. "I've got you princessa." Her body shakes from the sobs racking her body. "I've got you."