The Beginng Of The End

"Jade it's time to wake up." I heard my mother say as she turned my light on.

"But it's SATURDAY." I whined.

"Get up."

"Ugh fine."

"You're twelve! You are supposed to have energy!"

I sighed, and got up, and went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. My baby sister, Danielle was playing with some toys on the couch, while my father was reading the newspaper. I got some waffles out of the freezer, and stuck them in the toaster. I got a glass of orange juice, and leaned against the counter as I drank it. I set my cup in the sink, and got a plate and silverware to eat my waffles with. My waffles popped out of the toaster, and it made me jump. I took them out, and put them on my plate. I got the syrup out of the fridge, and squirted it on my waffles. I put the syrup back, and took my waffles to the table. I cut them up, and ate them. All of a sudden, I heard a weird sound from Danielle.

My dad jumped up from his chair, and shouted my mothers name.

"Danielle are you okay?" My dad asked, expecting a one year old to respond.

She kept wheezing, hardly catching her breath. She has been doing this for a bit. A couple days maybe.

"Brent we need to take her to the hospital. Jade get dressed." My mother said.

I rushed to my room and threw some clothes on, and my family lead me to the car. She put Danielle beside me, and we rushed to the hospital. We took Danielle in, and the doctors saw her right away. They want to do tests. . My dad was hugging my mother. I was just confused. After a while of waiting in the waiting room, a doctor came out and informed is that she had lung cancer.