The River

Today was the day I was going swimming at the river with Brent! I put on my favourite bikini, and put some clothes on over top of it. Brent's car pulled up in my driveway. I slipped my flip flops on, and ran out to my driveway. I got into his car, and slammed the door shut.

~

Once we got to the river, I took the clothes that were in top of my swimsuit off, along with my flip flops, and ran along the grass and jumped into the river. Brent followed close after me.

The cold water swished along my skin, causing me to have a small chill up my spine.

Brent and I began to splash each other, while we were full of giggles and happiness.

I think this is the summer that I have fun.

Just as I was really starting to have fun, I could hear my phones loud ringtone about 3 meters from the river. I swam to the edge, and plopped myself up on the grass, and looking at who was calling me.

It was my mom.

"Hi mom." I said into my phone.

"Hey. Are you still at the river?"

"Yes."

"You need to come to the hospital."

"Is Danielle alright?"

"She's not doing good. Her breathing has slowed down a lot."

"I'll get Brent to drive me."

"Okay. Be here soon Jade."

"I will. Bye mom."

My mom hung up.

"Hey Brent can you give me a ride to the hospital?" I called out to Brent, who was still swimming in the river.

"Yeah of course."

We both got dressed, and ran to his car. The car ride was silent again, and when we reached the hospital, Brent walked in with me, and my father was waiting for me in the waiting room.

"Dad?" I said, grabbing Brent's hand. I wasn't even realizing I was holding it, until our hands had no space between them.