Bruce x Reader- I never knew

A/N: I was watching The Incredible Hulk and the part where Harlem was being broken I got this idea.

Y/N's P.O.V.

You were sitting in the lab next to your two best friends ever Tony Stark and Bruce Banner while working on a project. Yes you were an Avenger, you were recruited when S.H.I.E.L.D. noticed that your I.Q. rivaled Tony's (Tony argues that you just have pure luck and not smarts).

"Tony, Y/N I have been thinking and I have went to a few therapists, I want to find out the names of people that got killed in Harlem and go and apologize to their families. I think it might make me feel better." Bruce pipped up when you all had finished the project.

"That's a great idea Bruce if you think it will help you should go for it!" Tony exclaimed.

"Yeah what Tony said." You said trying to sound happy and convincing, "I would love to stay and help but I want to go and try and get some sleep, staying up for 76 hours is not good for the human body." You added faking a smile and walking to your room.

Tony's P.O.V. (this is going to be scary XD)

"Hey Green Bean do you think Y/A/N/N (your annoying nickname) was acting weird?" I asked thinking about Y/N's behavior.

"What do you mean she was perfect as usual. If she was acting off it was probably lack of sleep. Can we get to work on the Harlem thing please I really think it will help!!" Bruce said seeming pretty excited about the apologizing thing.

"Okay let me get in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files and bring up the list," as I pull up the list I notice it only has about 20 names which is quite surprisingly short. "Well here are the names let us have a look" I said motioning Bruce over to my computer.

All the names had a small paragraph next to them saying how they died and their next of kin. As I got to about the 15th name on the list (Bruce was still on name 12) I noticed that there were two names. When I finished reading the two names and the paragraph I understood why Y/N was acting weird.

"Hey Bruce I think you have read enough names now. Let's follow Y/N's example and go take a nap." I said moving the computer away from Bruce.

"Tony no I want to read the names. What are you hiding from me?" Bruce asked me trying to see the computer.

"Bruce it's no a good ide-"

"I want to know!"

"Please no."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!!"

"Fine! But I will read it out loud to you." I told him.

"Okay, now read what you were trying to hide." Bruce demanded.

I sighed he was not going to like this,

M/N and F/N L/N
Died when the Hulk crashed through their apartment wall and straight into them. The incident was witnessed by their 17 year old daughter Y/N L/N who had no other family to go to was passed to an orphanage. She later became an Avenger and is living a good life."

When I finished I looked at Bruce's face waiting for a reaction.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I did what!? I killed the woman that I love parents! I started to stress out slightly. I knew Tony could tell because I was running my hand through my hair and pacing. After a moment I sat down and put my head in my hands and said out loud, "Y/N must hate me... I wonder how she hides it so well."

"I never hated you."

Y/N's P.O.V.

When you were walking to your room you had realized that your best friend and the man that you loved, even though he didn't know that, would find out about your past from a computer. You didn't want that yoy wanted them to hear it from you so you rushed back to the lab to hear Tony reading out loud about your parent's death. You waited to see what would happen and when Bruce started stressing you walked into the lab, when Tony saw you he didn't say a word and walked over to Bruce when he said those words.

"I never hated you." You told Bruce that as you laid your hand on his shoulder.

Bruce looked up at you with tears in his eyes, "But it's my fault your parents are gone. It's also my fault that you had to live in an orphanage. I know what orphanages are like they are usually not the best places. It's-" you cut him off.

"Stop Bruce. IT. IS. NOT. YOUR. FAULT. SO. NEVER. THINK. THAT. It's the governments fault fault for making that other thing. You were protecting the city. If not for you there would have been more casualties. It's my Great Uncle's fault for saying that he didn't want me and I needed to go to an orphanage. Not yours. Nothing is your fault please remember that." You told Bruce while crying because emotions are ass-hats.

You had gotten on your knees sometime during your small speech so you weren't looking down at Bruce in stead you were looking him in the eye. Bruce leaned over and wiped your tears away.

"But it is my fault don't you understand-" Bruce started on about how it was his fault and you had no clue how to shut him up so you did the first thing that came to mind. You kissed him.

For awhile Bruce was frozen so you guessed he didn't like it so you started to pull away until you felt his soft hand on your cheek (the one on your face people) pulling you back into the kiss.

Yourself and Bruce pulled away when you guys heard clapping, "That was so beautiful and touching I just can't bear the awesomeness of my best friends finally realizing their feelings." Tony said while wiping away a fake tear.

All you and Bruce could do was laugh and give each other a hug.

I want to tell you that I'm imagining Bruce about 30ish in this oneshot and the reader in her 20s somewhere
-Brianna🎯