Chapter Seven

*Rosalyn's pov*

   I wake up next to warm body as I recall lastnight. Lastnight was the best night of my life. I turn and face Alex. He's sleeping like there's no toomorrow. Slight stubble on his chin, his lips part just a little bit. He was perfect, truly is. I just wish i didn't have to d this.

   Slowly and carefully crawling over Alex's naked body, I walk to the closet. This girl who lived here before me, she was the same size. She was a little girly I'd say. I grab a pair of new, unopened underwear and then a pair of warm fuzzy socks. Putting them on i grab a bra. It was hot pink and lacy. Quite cute and sexy if you ask me. Clasping the bra and pulling up the straps I look for pants.

   In the right side of the closet there's a pair og black ripped, high waisted skinny jeans. My gosh, did i fall inlove with them.

   Alex shuffles in his sleep a little and I watch him closely, waiting from him to stop moving. Within a minute hes back to sleep completely, but he's clutching hold of the pillow. He's cluthing the pillow as if he thiks its me next to him....

    I have to write him and explanation to why I'm leaving. I can't let him think it's because of him.

   Grabbing the skinny jeans I slide them up my body and over my butt and up to my waist. I button and zip them up as i walk over to the dressers.

    I search for a good shirt to wear but it's mostly crop tops and tank tops. Grabbing the best that would suit my skiiny jeans was a black ripped crop top, obviously bought like this from the store. I pulled it over my head and look in the full body mirror on the door. I looked like someone out of a movie but I can't pinpoint the name of the actor or the movie at that.

   Grabbing the brush sitting ontop of the dresser I brush my hair. It was notted and fluffy. My curls were everywhere and all around me. I looked a mess. I guess thats what great sex gets you. I wouldn't call it great. Great makes me sound like a whore when in reality, Aex is my first, but I couldn't tell him. I thought he'd hate me or make fun of me for it. I'm just insecure.

    After brushing my hair I turn to Alex again and a tear fallas from my left eye. I'm leaving the only thing thats fully mattered to me. I know how Mary felt. I really do.

   I went into the girls bookbag to find paper. I didn't want to have to do this. Grabbing a folder full of paper, I went to open it but the name caught my eye. Amy Cortez. She was the girl who sat in the front of my class. She hated me for some reason but i couldn't figure out why. She was preppy and a cheerleader. Now, she's probably dead bullying the other zombies out there.

   Opening the folder I grab a piece of paper and a lead pencil from the side pocket of the bag. It doesn't take me long to write the note.

   Placing the note next to Alex on the pillow, I turn around, slip my shoes on and sneak out the bedroom door.

Going down the stairs I be as quiet as I can. When I finally mak it down the stairs I see the others sleeping. Jace is cuddled up next to Jayna. They were in each others arms. Holding on for dear life. I couldn't help but to think that, that could be me and Alex right now...

I turn and head for the door silently. Theres a pair of boots by the door. They were black leather and were in amazing shap. I slipped them on and bent down to tie them. Standing up straight i look through the peek hole through the door. Theres no feeders outside. I turn the door nob slowly and try to open the door as quietly as i can but then i remember, I forgot my bow and my sisters backpack. Quickly turning around I jog to the left side of the living room and pick up the bag and papers i threw down on the floor lastnight. Grabbing my bow and arrows I head back to the door and make my way out.

   Shutting the door behind me i baracade it from outside. Putting boards up and picnic tables. Making sure its steardy I turn and face the real world. The world that i have created.

   Everything is dead. Theres blood on the side walks and burnt down houses. Cars that never made it out.

   Maybe one of the cars will still work...

I shake my head. It'd be best for me to walk. I step off of the porch and head soth into the woods. There's a highway past this tree line. I know because when we dropped off Amy from school on the bus we took it.

   I needed to get to the place Mary said to go. I just didn't want to leave behind Alex. I didn't want to lose the only thing left living for. The only thing that makes me feel.

   Running through the woods I try to get as far away as I possibly could from the others. The feeders want me not them. They know i have some part in this. I run and run and never stop. I don't stop until I see a line of cars. Doors opened wide and luggage everywhere. None of them made it out. None!!!!

    I see a few stragglers walking around and looking into cars. One straggler lay on it's knees ripping into a childs body, eating his intestines. Bile rose in my throat as I tried not to puke.

   It was sickening. THIS WAS ALL MY FAULT, THAT KID SUFFERED BECAUSE IT WAS ALL MY FAULT!!!!

  At that moment I knew what I had to do. I knew what I needed to do.

   I'M GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD!!!

Pulling out an arrow and aiming my bow I shoot the feeder in the head. It drops down the the ground. Walkng up to it, I place my foot on the back of its head and pull my arrow out. Just then, I noticed who the feeder was.

   "Papa....?"

   Tears feel my eyes as I step backwards. I just killed my father. He's not my father, not anymore i try to remind myself. It doesn't help.

   Turning around trying to get it out of my head, I run. I run and never stop running. This is what happens when you kill everyone and everything. This is how life is....