How to Save a Life

Leah's POV
I roll out of bed after another sleepless night.

Seth imprinted. He imprinted on this petite girl named Quinn. She has curly, short sandy blonde hair, hazel eyes, and freckles. She just moved from downtown Brooklyn with her mom, after her mom got out of an abusive relationship. I met her, and she's really nice. I think I might even become friends with her, which is rare. But still, Embry's even imprinted! He met her at the beach. Her names Maya, and she's African American, and from South Carolina, so she has a small accent. She's tall, about five seven, and has skin the color of cocoa powder, with dark chocolate eyes, and long, dark curls. She's nice too, but pretty shy.
Am I just doomed to a life alone? Is that it?

Is there something wrong with me? Am I defective or something? Don't I deserve to be happy? Everyone sees how I act about the whole lovey dovey thing. But, they don't remember why I act the way I do. Sam broke me. I was happy. I wanted Emily to meet Sam, so, she came over. We were like sisters growing up. Next thing I know Sam looks like he's about to propose to her, and Emily's just standing there blushing like a hormonal teenager who was just caught staring at her crush.
When I found out what happened, to say I was pissed, was an understatement. I was heartbroken and felt betrayed. I never trusted anyone the same after that. Sure, I can always talk to Seth, Embry, and Jake. But ever since Jake imprinted he's been completely different. Then Seth did. I barely got a chance to talk to my own brother! Then it was just me and Embry, now I don't even have him anymore.

I get up out of bed, grab a sports bra, underwear, a grey V-neck T-shirt, and a pair of khaki shorts, and head to the bathroom. I peel of my tank top and sleep shorts, and take a cold shower. When I'm done, I get dressed and comb out my hair. For some reason, it's been getting curlier lately. I pull it into a low messy knot in the back of my head, and pull out some baby pieces to frame my face. I brush my teeth, wash my face, and head downstairs.

Seth is sitting at the kitchen table, eating some corn flakes. Mom was already at the hospital working, and it was the second day of summer so I didn't have to worry about school. I was going to go to the Peninsula College in Port Angeles. So, I had gotten a job at Thunder and Whale books in Port Angeles to help save up. Plus I already had a college fund. I'm still undecided about my major. I'm sort of leaning toward becoming a social worker. I mean, it would be nice to help kids find their happily ever after, if I can't find mine. I make myself a cream cheese bagel, and a glass of orange juice. I sit down I front of Seth, and we both just eat in silence.

" Oh, by the way, Jake and Sam want us over at Emily's place tomorrow at noon. Apparently, some new tribe moved in on neighboring land, and they want us to meet each other." he says after taking his bowl to the sink.
" A new tribe?" I ask. Why would a tribe move here? Why would a tribe move?

" Yeah. Apparently, the whole bunch of em moved here from Ohio. Something about there land burning down, and a new start.

" Oh, well, okay." I said. A new tribe. A new tribe. Nope. No matter how many times I said it to myself it still sounded weird.

Jake had given us the day off to spend with family, so me and Seth basically goofed off the whole day. We watched our favorite movies. Which consists of Bend it Like Beckham, School of Rock, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Then, we played some board games. I crushed him in nine, heated games of Trouble. While he kicked my ass in Sorry.

Then, when mom got home, we ordered pizza, chicken, and jojo's from Martello's pizza in Forks, and watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Before I knew it, it was late and my eyelids were starting to droop. I changed into some cut off red flannel pj pants, that were now shorts, and a black tank top. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and jumped into bed, dozing off while thinking about what the other tribe will be like.
******************
Hey guys! Author here! I know this chapter was super short, but I will try and make future ones longer. Hope you enjoyed! And if you like my writing, please feel free to go and check out my other stories, including my other post Breaking Dawn fan fiction, Seth and Me. Bye!
XOXO,
GgirlsRock