Lasting friendships // Malfoy

"Draco? Are you okay?" You asked anxiously as Draco came bustling back into your compartment. His gray eyes which usually held only hostility looked hurt, and slightly saddened. You were one of Draco's best friends, having known him since you were both young. You were still young at eleven, but you already knew that you liked Draco in more than a friend way. You also knew that Draco, even though he seemed mean to most, was a real sweetheart and was actually very sensitive.

"I tried to warn the new boy, Potter, about hanging with the wrong people. My father always said that purebloods shouldn't associate with mudbloods or people like the Weasleys, and I told him so, but..." Draco trailed off with a sigh. "He didn't take it well. Why does this always happen __y/n__?" You heart broke when he looked over at you; you knew he didn't try to be mean, his father just passed the wrong ideals onto him.

You stood up and walked over to the seat opposite yours that he was sitting on, and sat next to him. You wrapped your arms tightly around him, and let him use you for comfort. He held on tightly; you were his anchor. Everyone else only hung out with him because his father made them or they thought they'd get something from hanging out with him, but you did it because you truly cared about him. He let out a shaky breath, and you sighed when you heard feet walking towards the door.

"Draco, just don't forget that you have me." You said before moving back to your seat. The door then opened and Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson came in. Pansy immediately sat next to Draco and started fawning all over him. Crabbe and Goyle stood awkwardly in the doorway, unsure what to do.

"Are you two going to take a seat?" Draco asked harshly.

"Do we have to sit next to the mudblood?" They whined. Draco turned to you.

"Out." He commanded, but his eyes were apologetic. You stood up and grabbed your stuff, before exiting and finding another compartment.

You sank down in the seat and rubbed your eyes. You knew that his father would not want him being around you anymore, not since they had found out that you were a Muggle-born. You sighed; you knew Draco would probably end up marrying Pansy, she was a pureblood after all, and fought to keep the tears out of your eyes. You turned your head and stared out the window.

"You'll have me Draco. Always." You whispered as the tears started to fall.