Thicker than blood // Malfoy

"So to conclude, we are all the same - we are all gifted young wizards and witches, who need to respect, and treat each other accordingly." Pansy finished reading, crumpling up the paper and tossing it onto the floor.

"That Y/L/N is fucking disgusting. I pray to Merlin that she has a fatal accident in the foreseeable future." Zabini spat the words out harshly, standing up from where he was resting on the window sill. "Damn blood traitor." He shook his head and kicked at the ground, watching the toe of his shoe touch the ground as he did. Pansy spoke up;

"Direct descendent of Salazar Slytherin, that one is." Theo Nott spoke from his spot where he was slumped on the floor by Pansy's feet. He stood as well, "Bloody waste of space, tainting such a name with bullshit like this." With one swift motion, he sent the newspaper gliding down the hallway.

"Would you lot shut up?" Draco snapped, he was stood with his shoulder to the wall, just to the right of the rest of the group. "You guys talk about her so much it's like you're bloody in love with her." He rolled his eyes and went back to staring across the hallway at one of the many display cases that were scattered around the school.

"Why are you always defending her Malfoy?" Pansy's tone was sour and her face was scrunched as she spoke. He seemed caught off guard by this, but none the less, he shook his head slowly and laughed.

"I'm not defending her, she's terrible. Absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot-pole! With a face like her, she belongs chained up outside like all the other beasts. Not the brightest one out there either, terribly stupid when it comes to Muggle Studies," His friends were looking past him and laughing but he didn't notice, and he topped off his little rant, "The blood-traitor bitch deserves to die." Pansy was cracking up now, even going as far as to slap her knee in joy. From where Pansy was sat on the sill, she had a clear view right past Draco's left shoulder, to where Y/N was standing. "What are you all looking at?" Draco glanced over his shoulder and saw her standing there. He instantly stood up straight and his eyes became sorrowful.

"Awwwww little Miss Y/L/N is crying now?" Pansy sneered when a tear fell from Y/N's eye onto her cheek. With a single sniffle, she turned and fled from the hall, dashing as fast as she could.

"Fuck," Draco muttered as he began dashing after his girlfriend.

"What the shit Malfoy where are you going?" Nott shouted after him, but he didn't respond, only kept running.

It wasn't until much later when Draco found her a sniffling mess curled up in a ball on her bed. He'd checked the whole school trying to find her, but he hadn't thought she'd be in bed. Her hair was stuck to her damp cheeks and despite her closed eyes, tears were still silently slipping down her cheeks.

"Pumpkin?" He called softly from the door, "Can I come in darling?" The only answer she gave him the satisfaction of receiving was a heartbreaking sob. He took that as reasonable cause to enter your dorm.

He sat down beside her on the bed, his back to her. He couldn't bare to see what he'd done to her. After some time, he took a deep breath and spoke again.

"I didn't mean any of those things I said." He felt the mattress shift, he turned to see her sitting up, facing away from him. Their backs to each other, she spoke up.

"I thought they knew... You told me that you told them we are together, you told me that you wouldn't hide it from anyone anymore." She sniffles, and then she sobbed out her next words, "You're ashamed of me aren't you?" With those words, Draco turned around to face her, though her back was still towards him. Her shoulders were slumped and her head hung low as she sniffled.

"No, sweet pea you're the world to me."

"You said I was a bitch blood traitor who deserves to die." Her voice carried through the room and silenced all the other noises that seemed to silence all other sounds. "I deserve to die." She whispered to herself, slumping over into the mattress.