12. Longing

Hours went by...

Nothing...

Then hours turned into days...

Still nothing...

Finally those days had turned to weeks...

Still nothing happens...

A full month had went by since that day you visited Madame Barbetti. Still. you kept the stuffed rabbit by your side and took it with you pretty much everywhere; To work, out shopping and everywhere else. Perhaps Vincent was simply upset with the whole fortune teller debacle he had decided to give you the "silent treatment" and soon enough he'd come back to you in a better mood...

That's what you had hoped.

You hoped if you kept occasionally holding conversations with him when others aren't looking thinking he would eventually respond back to you. However the plush remained as lifeless as ever, your hope was now beginning to wane and a rather bittersweet realization was beginning to dawn upon you; Vincent is gone. He's been successfully crossed over. He ain't ever coming back.

A part of you wanted to be happy at the thought that he'd followed the light and is at peace where departed souls like him should be, and another somehow felt like a friend had been taken from you.. although he didn't exactly start out that way you had to admit that in spite of him being pervy, annoying, clingy, a bit too mischievous at times, and in spite of all the weird circumstances he had you involved in he had grown on you. In a particularly odd way too.. A way you had more-or less difficulty explaining.

A almost crushing form of guilt had also dampered your mood, YOU were the one that took him to that fortune teller you're the one who had him forcibly crossed-over.. he was very likely quite pissed about that.

As if his presence had left behind a residue of sorts in your mind, Vincent seem to pop up in even the most mundane or irrelevant of places in your current daily routines; In work your co-workers would occasionally catch you zoning out, staring out into nothing; thinking of Vincent while the cookies or some other baked good in the ovens began to burn or unknowingly scalding yourself while pouring a fresh cup of coffee. "Having left earth for planet (Y/N)" is what your co-workers dubbed these actions of yours and boy did they tease you..

You'd also find yourself suddenly having random mood-swings when HE suddenly started popping up in your mind ranging from a kind of depression, to wanting punch a wall out of indignation, to wanting to bawl your eyes out.

Instead of nightmares you had bizarre dreams that you would be chasing after a dark figure in a dark void with a purplish outline, it was unmistakable.. it was Vincent.. you would try calling out to him but your voice carried on as if you were underwater... very faint if not barely audible at all to the purple male. Vincent would run until he reached a small light at the distance then he would turn facing you.. you could see a glint of his face in a rather sullen looking smile as if he wanted to say "sorry...." Then horrid sounds of Children's screams of fear,pain, followed by sounds of bones cracking and flesh ripping apart would fill your ears. It was only when you felt like fainting did you see monstrous arms grab Vincent and drag him away into the light that became a crimson colored abyss...

No matter what, you couldn't find the will to move on.. you weren't sure if that's what you wanted.

With a deep but quiet sigh you walked out the "Exit" gates and down the metal ramp with a few noisy clunky steps, fixing your hair, and adjusting your clothing a bit before you stopped at the grassy side of a dirt pathway to rest and climb back down from a rush of adrenaline.

Turning back you then saw a very baffled and somewhat disappointed looking (F/n) walking after you before they stopped in the dirt path and stared at you, then they put their arms out apart as if they didn't understand