Road Trip

Ben kept looking back and forth between Harry, Aurox, and me. Aurox looked really annoyed that he had to be here. 

Ben cleared his throat. "I don't know what happened back at the cafeteria that would cause you guys to start a food fight -"

Aurox scoffed. "I'll tell you what happened. I was having a nice talk with MJ about her archery tryouts, but Hook-boy over here decided to dump his lunch on me."

"What?" Harry and I exclaimed. What the underworld is he talking about?

Aurox gave his best puppy dog face. "Ben, think about it. We were all living in peace and harmony until you decided to bring these delinquents into our home. My home. My father didn't put me in here so you can have some lowlife kids in the same school as us."

Ben slowly nodded in understanding. My mouth flew open. Is he really believing his bogus story?

"That's enough Aurox. You're excused. I'll deal with them," He said.

Aurox nodded. "Thank you." He got up from his seat and smirked at Harry and me. "See you around, Frosty."

Harry glared at him. "Ye don't get to call her that."

"Whatever, Croc-bait."

I gave Ben a disbelieving look as soon as Aurox walked out. "Ben, you can't be serious. Jawline over there started it. He was messing with Dizzy."

"I've spoken to Dizzy and she told me everything that happened."

"Then why are ye letting sir Pretty Boy out?" Harry asked in indignation.

Ben sighed as he folded his hands in front of him. "Look, guys. I know Aurox is...."

"Annoying," I said.

"Infuriating," Harry added.

"All those things," Ben concluded. "But you have to believe me when I say he's a good kid. He's just changed."

Harry leaned back in his seat while he rolled his eyes. "That sorry excuse for an AK." Harry then got up. "I see what's going on. Yer letting him go because he's one of ye, isn't it?" He looked at me. "Talk about a second chance, right, lass?"

Ben shook his head. "No. This is a second chance for all of you. I'm not treating anyone any different -"

"As long as they're yer own." Harry grabbed his bag. "I don't have time for this." He have Ben a mock bow. "Nice chat, ye royal prat."

My eyes widen. "Harry!" Harry didn't spare me a glance before he marched out. He made sure he slammed the door. I gave Ben an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Ben. I - I don't know what's gotten into him."

Ben sighed as he leaned back in his seat. "It's me. I'm the reason why he's away from his home. I don't think he feels welcomed here."

I nodded. "I get it. A new place where people treat you differently. Especially for him being a VK. Next thing you know someone is kidnapping him and holding him against his will. Then there's going to be this huge rap battle until the swords come out."

He gave me a confused look. "Didn't that..."

I chuckled. "Yeah, it did." I pointed behind me. "So what are we going to do about those two?"

"I'll talk to Aurox. I would talk to Harry, but I think he'll want to hook me. Not only that I can't seem to pull off a skirt like you can."

I conjured up a snowball and threw it at him. "Shut up," I giggled.

Ben laughed along before he gave me a concern look. "How are your powers anyway?" I gave him a confused look. "MJ, you can fly now and your eyes turn white. What I'm asking is how is your newfound power?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I feel like me, but when I use my powers...I feel more energy then I could ever imagine. There's this pull that wants me to use more of it, but I think I've got it handled."

"Are you sure? Because I know a few people who might be able to help -"

I held my hand up. "I'm fine, Ben. It's just going to take some time for me to get use to it."

"You sure? I mean, you know you can talk to me about anything."

"I know. And I promise I will if I feel like I'm about to lose control."

"Ok."

》》》》

I tried to look for Harry after my talk with Ben. Harry would snap, but he wouldn't snap this bad. He knows that Ben wants what's best for him. I asked Jay and Evie if they seen him, but none of them did. They offered to help, but I told them it was ok.

I sighed as I walked towards my room. I furrowed my eyebrows when I found my door open. My hand gripped the doorknob as my hand created mist around it. I peaked through the crack of the door to see a tall figure going through my drawers. Oh, underworld no. No one is stealing from me.

I opened my door and pushed my hand out. The figure almost sensed I was coming and ducked out of the way. I felt myself sneer as I threw another beam of ice towards it. The person ducked again before he/she grabbed my bed post and threw it at me. I brought my hand down and created this snow barrier before I tossed another snowball at the intruder. It hit the person square in the chest. I was about to send another beam at him/her, but the person staggered back before his/her back collided with my room window. The intruder leaned back and before I knew it, they fell out. My eyes widen as I ran towards my window.

I didn't hear any splatter. I didn't hear any bones crushing. When I looked down, I found nothing but the grassy field. I jumped up and flew out. There could be a secret entrance I didn't know about. I examined the wall twice and flew all around the school. Nothing. The person just poofed like if they didn't exist.

》》》》

I called everyone in the library to talk about the break in. The person didn't steal anything from me, as far as I can tell.

Carlos furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait a minute, who would want to steal from you?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

Evie place her hands on her hips. "This has got to be the same person who took your file." She was deep in thought before looking at Ben. "I don't understand. I thought this place's locked down."

"It is," Ben said. "I've got guards searching every room and they didn't come up with anything."

"So what do we do now? Just wait till this psycho comes and raids MJ's underwear drawer again?" Mal asked. "Why would they want her files anyway? What do they get out of it?"

"Maybe we should ask her Grandpa," Jay suggested. "Guy's been there since the invasion. Maybe he knows."

"Yes, but Grandpa Fergus can't leave DunBroch," I pointed out. "Said something about the new queen having his head if he leaves again without permission."

"Then we go to him," Jay stated.

"It's not that simple, Jay."

"Maybe it is," Evie said. "We go to DunBroch and talk to your grandpa. We could figure out what exactly happened on that night you were sent away. Get it from the person who was there."

Mal nodded. "Road trip? I'm in."

Ben took his phone out. "I'll start making the call."

I gave all of them a confused look. "You guys are coming with me?"

"Well, yeah," Carlos said. "MJ, we're not leaving you alone again."

A small smile came to my face at the thought of my friends coming with me. I got up from my spot on the cough. "All right. Let's start packing."

And find Harry.