Act 1: The Escape

Play video for background music

1567, Seyrinth (Kingdom of Truth)

Footsteps scurry faster than horses, followed by the heavy clamors that brought silent chills into her neck. Her labored breaths were unnoticed as hands gripped her tightly by highly appointed archangels. Meranien didn't waste time before she pushed herself further to create more distance from the main hall where the attack occurred.

An archangel beside her spoke quietly. "We're near the escape boat, Your Grace. Forgive me but we must hurry further. The others can fend the Shadebroods but they are outnumbered and we can't waste time."

Meranien looked down but her steps didn't falter. "What of my father, Lathiel?" her voice quivered.

Nothing but their footsteps were heard in the concrete halls that was a secret passage. The tense air answered her question and she understood what it meant – it was either her father will follow, or will die protecting her so she can escape.

At the end of the unending hall came a door that is blocked by debris, prominently from the long time it hasn't been used. The archangels didn't waste time as they started removing the blockage at an alarming pace.

As the last debris was removed, the door was opened and there awaited another archangel standing by the docks with a boat. Before Meranien could step out of the door and into freedom, a bone-curling scream resounded through the whole castle.

All of Meranien's blood drained and her face was in deathly pale. His father's thunderous scream was enough to know that it will be the last of the time she will hear her father. Lightning cackled and screamed in the heavens. Meranien closed her eyes and felt the pulsating rage of the Most High, it was murderous and horrendous as to how these creatures can go against the Children of the Most High.

How sinister they have done! They brought blasphemy to the Most High as they killed His children!

Pulling all her strength and might, she ran and immediately reached the boat as what the archangels also did. The raging waves were on their side as Meranien uttered a gratitude and mercy to the Most High as He was helping them flee the now ruined kingdom of Seyrinth, The Kingdom of Truth. She thought about all the memories she created in those walls with her father, Lathiel. She would sit by the gardens and listen to him about his encounters with the Most High's Thrones, or the chosen Celestial Beings per se.

Nobody knew that her father was the last descendant of Cherubim-- The protectors of the other World.

Meranien must have fallen asleep despite the crashing waves directing them to the right kingdom that will help them. Though all kingdoms didn't really wanted to get involved in other kingdom matters, they all have a responsibility when it comes to the Kingdom Seyrinth by giving it a portion of their resources.