Act 3: The Unveiling

Please play the music for background music

Meranien kept her gaze on the ground as she felt the chilling aura of the man before her, it was rather unnerving – she thought. When the moment she looked at him, Meranien almost laughed at the curiosity and baffle in his face when he couldn't see her. She cannot deliberately blame the man but the intensity of his gaze increased that made her take it seriously.

She peered at his face to see it was a magnificent – as sinful as she may think but this is what a true angel looked like. His features were intriguing and eye-catching for its foreign-likeness. Feline eyes but not too feminine, just the right amount that tells you he knows what you're up to.

"Leave us." Edeiviel's words cut through her entrancement and she was pulled back into his calculating gaze.

Dean interrupted. "Your Majesty, we are to keep an eye of her to everybody, including you." A tone of distain was hinted.

"Perhaps anything that you wish to say to Meranien, you can share it with us." Louis offered but the uncertainty in his eyes told otherwise.

Edeiviel pondered for a second before replying. "Alright. Then may I ask you, Meranien, to take off that veil and show your face. I must know the face of the person I am trying to protect under me."

The archangels froze and stood in a startled stance with hands in their swords at waist. "King Edeiviel, with all due respect, you cannot ask that of the sovereign princess." Louis warned.

"You are in my kingdom and I am merely requesting to see her face in exchange for my protection that you need urgently." The king argued, his temper thinning.

Dean said in clenched teeth. "Your Majesty, we cannot allow such request as that – "

"Enough." Meranien voice rose above the tense conversation.

Louis supplied. "But Your Grace, you know of this – "

"Leave us." She said sharply, leaving no room for disobedience.

The two archangels bowed their head and hastily left the room without any word. That left the king and the seer in the courtroom. Edeiviel stood from his throne and continued to descend to her place as Meranien stood with pride. He circled her, calculating her but to no avail, he only concluded that she has nice hands.

"I know you are curious to what is beneath this veil. But you have to promise on your word that I will have the protection and allegiance that you have mentioned." Meranien spoke

Edeiviel stopped infront of her directly and his lips tilted into a smirk. "Yes, Your Highness. I swore to protect you and help the reconstruction of your kingdom, in my name, Edeiviel II of Haoen."

Before Meranien could lift her hands to unveil herself, the king beat her to it.

To her, it felt like a slow-motion. No man has ever saw her face except her father and mother. His large hands lifted her veil with swiftness and care, as if he too was scared to what is beneath it. Edeiviel didn't know what got into him but he sure as hell wouldn't stop now as he removed her veil.

His eyes went straight to her eyes which held golden orange orbs compared to his white ones.