Chapter 16

Trevor's POV

    Once we got back to our pack house, I explained to both my parents what happened. They were proud of me and loved the children we took with us. There was only about 10 toddlers and 10 younger kids that we brought along, plus 5 preteens. I didn't care about the rest obviously.

    The elders were wise enough to make their own decisions and the others should've been smart enough to know right from wrong. Taking advantage of my mates kindness just wasn't ok. To think they hurt him so much then they pulled something like that! It wasn't acceptable!

       After I carried Elliott inside the hospital section of our house, the doctors rushed me away and took him from me. I didn't want to leave him but they didn't allow me near him while they were checking him out.

       "He's going to be okay." My mother said to me as I sat in the hallway outside of the room they put him in. If I wasn't allowed in the room, I was going to be as close to him as possible. When he wakes up, I want to be there.

         "She's right. He's strong, how many people do you know went through what he did and still had the heart to help?" My dad asked as my mother started rubbing my back.

         "I would've killed them all." Becky said eating some chips as I rolled my eyes at her.

          "If you're going to stay out here, I'll send someone to bring you a blanket and some meals." My mother said before she left with my dad. They were busy so they couldn't stay here and wait with me forever.

         "Ugh, it's time for me to go watch the little trouble makers. I'll be back when I'm done with my shift. If you need me to come back or if they let us in, tell me." Becky said as I nodded to her. She was one of his only friends here and despite her attitude and laziness she was a good friend.

            I stayed in the hallway for another hour just sitting here. I was confused, he was patched up pretty good when we left so what was taking so long?

            "Future Alpha." One of the doctors said as he and a bunch of nurses exited the room my mates being held in.

             "Yes doctor?" I asked getting up. I was worried and nervous. If something bad happened to him because I let us go back there I'd hunt them all down and kill them.

              "Well getting right to the point, your mate went into Hypovolemic shock." He said flipping through the papers on his clipboard.

He had a serious injury that lead to a massive amount of blood loss, due to that he is still unconscious. Hypovolemic shock is mostly always life threatening especially with werewolves but luckily he's healing his own injuries and with our help we stabilized him.

       When he wakes up, we're going to check on him and give him some fluid. He may be confused and he'll still be weak. I'll allow you to go wait in his room but don't touch him." The doctor explained to me as my heart dropped. Of course I felt that this was all my fault but for my baby to get hurt this much...

"He should be awake tomorrow or so. With the rate he's healing, he should be fine by next week." He told me as he walked down the hallway.

I walked inside of the hospital room and I teared up when I saw him. He was pale just like when we first met and his body looked lifeless. His lips were pale and a bit blue and he looked exactly like a corpse. I saw his chest rising and that brought me some reassurance. He was breathing fine but that seemed to be the only sign he was alive.

"Hurry back to me baby." I told him as I sat in the chair by his hospital bed.

I put my hands on my face before I started to break down. I couldn't even touch him. I couldn't touch my own mate. It would harm him if I did.

I am never letting any of them communicate with this pack ever again...if they do it'll be an instant war. For my other half to get so affected by them, it wasn't fair. His childhood was stripped from him and so was part of his youth.

"I love you, get better soon for me ok?" I asked him as I stared at him. I'd do anything for his happiness and after he gets better I'm going to spoil him even more. He deserves the best and he's going to get it.

I smiled and started thinking of ideas and places to take him when he woke up. I'm going to take him on a lot of dates and even ask him if he was ready to have kids. I want to adopt one of the ones we brought home but I also want to fill Elliott up with my own seed and get him pregnant with my own child or even children.

Any day now, we'll have a ceremony for me, to celebrate and give me the title as this packs Alpha. To become both a leader of this pack and father of Elliott's children would be the greatest honor for me. I'd build our house with my own two hands and we'd paint the house together. It might be cliche but doing that would make me happy and proud. He's a wonderful mate and I hate when he beats himself up, he's perfect and I couldn't ask for a better mate.

"You're my angel." I told him smiling. He was my everything and just thinking about how people could hurt someone so precious angers me. But I'd have to forget about them to move on and give Elliott everything.