Chapter 1

But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated
-Ernest Hemingway

××××
As he lay on the rubbish of his own robot he wonders if there was another way. Before all this- before the 'big city'. He wonders and he scoffs. Because the obvious answer, the right answer should've been 'of course not' because he had gone through with his plan and though failure had found him, he was still red leader. This was destiny's way of royally fucking him over. He was okay with failing.

     So as he lay on the pile of scrap metal looking at the clouded sky, he wondered why he was upset. He knew the answer and god knew too, and both him and god where crying. As it rained he lay and wonder why was he crying. This was unlike him he should be getting up and dusting his jacket off. His eye was starting to sting like hell, so he tried to put his right hand upon his face to feel for possible injuries. And  to his dismay an acute pain and lack of movement in his right arm alerted him to the fact something was wrong- very wrong. He took a peek at his arm and audibly gagged he could feel it burn it's way up; fear.

     He choked for air beginning to wonder what brought him to this point and why he was so shaken about it. He had been through stuff like this before- many a' time.

He couldn't hold It in, with tears of unknown orgin and the burning fire in his throat he turned over and vomited. For he couldn't help it his body was now on auto pilot.

The only word that could define this moment was pathetic. He lay down and sleep- laying in vomit, blood and sweat. Unable to control his bodily functions.

××××

      Tom lie awake. As the pain from his arm throbbed it was no wonder he was thinking of Tord. Oh and how he hated it, he loathed that son of a bitch. Even more so than before. Tord took his arm, his house and his friends.

        He thought about how it wasn't always like this, of the sickly sweet friendship him and tord once had. One too many times had he thought of times like those. But who could blame him? For he was a tired boy, who'd just lost somebody he could've once called friend.

     He stopped thinking about it and look to his apartment window. The cloudy sky laid a sheet of rain on the earth, this poisoned sad earth. He then layed back in his bed and decided to rest-

And in that moment, both boys slept, and dreamt of long ago pasts and distant

Hello! I'm Aires and I'll be your guide in this fanfiction! I will try to update and I will not end this book so let's get this show started! Please point out any mistakes or loopholes and have a lovely-ass-day! ^-^