2.2

If my heart was still functioning, it would no doubt be beating past overdrive. My feet fly across the floor of the dense forest. I've had to start using my own sense of direction as my phone nearly had a fit trying to figure out how I was moving so fast through the rough terrain.

I ended up just turning it off after the initial spaz. My time is surely still good, but my fears consume me every step I take. Part of me wishes I would have just waited for Jasper, maybe that way we wouldn't have the impending fight we do above our heads. Even just an hour away from him and I'm already longing to be by his side.

The rational part of me tells me it's simply because of the fight and knowing that I have to face the monster we've both been avoiding since I was turned. The irrational part of me however has me believing that the longing is simply due to the mate bond. It's idiotic really.

The forest starts to thin, and I slow to a brisk jog, taking in a sharp breath as I realize how close I am to the Quileute boundary line. I retreat further into the forks side of the boundary, when my head snaps up to attention, an unwelcome scent filling my head.

The sickly-sweet smell of the redhead I've heard so much about forces a small snarl from my lips. She's taunting me, leaving just enough room between us to be completely out of my view.

Robotically, my body crouches, waiting for an attack that doesn't seem to come. I can't even force my way into her mind to get her to stop. It's infuriating, and a low growl builds in my chest as I realize she must know my gift.

She toys with me, spinning me in circles until it all just stops, and a mind scrambling scent fills my nostrils. Bloodthirst overtakes my mind, and I find myself like a child focused on a sweet. I stop breathing, hoping that it will overtake the ache in the back of my throat, but it's to no avail.

I scramble backwards, tripping and falling back on my hands, but nevertheless I continue to move away from the scent.

I barely register when she drops down in front of me, her mouth covered in blood that drips down her chin lazily . The body of a woman swings limply in her hands. She tosses the girl towards me, a confident smirk plastered on her pale face.

"She smells delightful, doesn't she?" Victoria coos at me.

"Stay away from here, Jasper isn't far behind me, if you hurt me, he will kill you." I brace myself for a fight, knowing that if one comes my lack of proper training will be my downfall.

"Silly girl." She cackles, and I wince as she walks in an agonizingly slow circle around me "Calina Laraunt, how I have heard about you. There are whispers that you can do more than even the human lover."

I snarl, thinking about using my gift for her.

"If you hurt me, they will come after you with everything they have." A quiet growl rumbles in my chest, but ice cold fear sends a chill down my spine.

"Oh, dear little Calina. I have no battle with you, you're simply going to pass along a message to your brother and your innocent little family."

I shiver as she takes another step towards me, her red eyes glint in the pale moonlight.

"You tell them that I will not stop, will not back down, that I will haunt this town until death do us part." She snarls, I take a look into her mind then, the raw pain she is feeling draws me aback.

"I can feel your pain, it's suffocating." I stand, confidence or adrenaline pumping me up.

"You know nothing." She seethes, but I vow to myself to stand my ground.