five: sims

Tiffany Schmidt also has her very own masculinity challenge, which can be found on my profile, called 'Tipsy Tales'

[five]: write a chapter in which a character purchases a glorious pair of stilettos after a hard day.

◦  ♥  ◦  ♥  ◦

            "Family meeting is hereby starting." Wyatt knows that his Dad watches too many crime shows, because whenever it comes to the dreaded family meeting, the kitchen table is set out like that of a formal meeting, he takes the head, leaving Wyatt sitting on his own on one side, and Tiffany and his Mom on the other, no doubt plotting against the other two males to make their way of living the easiest. Wyatt rolls his eyes at his Dad's theatrics, focusing on the blowing a bubble with the bubble gum he found in his bedroom drawer.

            "This is so stupid, Dad," Tiffany is the first to complain—no surprise there. Wyatt, for the life of him, cannot remember, in the past couple months, when Tiffany hadn't been complaining about something or the other. 'Ugh, Game of Thrones is totes stressing me out', 'Why is Ed Sheeran making us wait for so long for his next album?' 'If one more person makes another I cannot recall joke I will seriously, like, die'. "The only reason we're doing this is because Wyatt doesn't know how to put away his lúbe."

            Wyatt isn't entirely sure how many times, in the span of hours, he's had to correct his family on what his Mom thought she found whilst entering his room in the middle of the night—for reasons she still hasn't revealed. Instead of correcting Tiffany, Wyatt rolls his eyes, popping the bubble loudly. Tiffany gives him a dirty look. "You are just so uncool," she mutters under her breath.

            "You're adopted." Wyatt snaps, referring to Tiffany's blonde hair, and everyone else in the Schmidt family being brunettes. "Maybe you're Mom's secret love child."

            "Wyatt," His dad barks, "stop it. Do the two of you ever just shut up?" As he spends the days at work, he's not around to watch the two of them bicker like his Mom is a witness to everyday.

            Tiffany leans back in her chair, crossing her arms. Once his Dad finally notices that everyone is going to be quiet and wait for the meeting to end, he begins. "It seems, in the past week, many issues have arisen. Both of you are to blame for the lack of harmony inside this house, and it better be fixed by the end of this week." Then he gets up from his seat, and leaves the kitchen, thereby ending the shortest and easiest family meeting Wyatt has ever had to sit through.

                        ◦  ♥  ◦  ♥  ◦

            "What's wrong with you?" Connie demands, standing on his doorstep as Wyatt opens his front door.

            "Excuse me?"

            "You heard me!" Wyatt can tell that she's angry by the flush to her cheeks, her green hair, which looks to be freshly dyed, is tied back from her face, and she doesn't look as horse-like. In fact, she isn't as unappealing as Wyatt once thought.

            "What did I do wrong? I didn't talk like you told me, and I encouraged conversation about herself."

            "You were yourself! I gave you an easy girl last night, and you still managed to blow it up." She waves the yellow piece of card in his face. "D'ya wanna know what she said, Wyatt?"

            "Um," Wyatt says slowly, considering his options: turn back and slam the door, or listen to Connie and get on with this date business. "Okay."