seven: stealth mode

shoutout to too-far-gone for Daisy and versailles_ for the insp behind the date. favourite series of comments from last chapter from revogue.

[seven]: write a chapter in which a character must strategically hide a pad/tampon on the way to the bathroom

◦  ♥  ◦  ♥  ◦

            Wyatt pulls up outside of his house, head hanging low and genuinely feeling like he's never experienced a date as bad as that one. Gabi had been possessive, yes – she accused him of flirting multiple times throughout the night, and she may have dressed inappropriately – seriously, who wears heels to an amusement park? But still, she was funny, they actually managed to maintain a conversation, and Wyatt would have pushed the boat out a bit to say it had the potential to be one of the best dates he's ever been on.

            Until she vomited, and then she got her period. Wyatt isn't entirely sure if he even believes in coming back to life as another person, but if that had any solid standing, then he assumes that Gabi was probably a real bitch in her previous life, it makes sense with the insecurities and the misfortune. He'd had to be in his truck with Connie before, but that didn't have anything on the ride driving Gabi home.

            I'm sorry. He didn't know what he was apologising for, but it seemed to be the right thing to do. Typically, Wyatt's emotions towards girls range between disinterest and disdain, but he'd felt genuine guilt for Gabi, if that was even a thing.

            Don't.

            Gabi-

            I said, don't.

            Safe to say, the ride back to her apartment was both uncomfortable and awkward, and she couldn't get out the car fast enough. She may have been angry at Wyatt, but it's not like he forced her onto the ride, did he? Okay, he may have been kind of insistent about it, but she could have just said now, and coming from a girl like Gabi, she should have just waited it out. For the other issue, Wyatt doesn't have contact with Mother Nature or Gabi's womb so he has no part to play in that.

            Wyatt remains in his truck for at least ten minutes, and he doesn't get out until Connie texts him. He'd been expecting it. My place. Now. She may be angry – who's he kidding? Connie is always angry – but the anger is going to be entirely misdirected. If Connie Hart wants to be angry at anyone, then it should actually be Gabi because she didn't count the days properly, Wyatt's opinion solely.

            He sighs heavily, and mutters words of pep talk under his breath. It's always necessary to motivate himself before encountering Connie, especially when it comes to her whiplash emotions. "Come on, buddy. She can't make you cry, she can't make you less of a man. Connie is a girl. Girls are the lesser breed, everyone knows that." The voice in his head trying to cheer him on strangely sounds like Robbo, which Wyatt should not be listening to at all because Robbo is so old fashioned in his ways with the 'ladies' he may as well be stuck in 1920.

            The slam of the truck door echoes throughout the cul-de-sac, and Wyatt does not miss how the net curtains at Miss Harris' house rustle. No doubt she's watching, like she always does. He's sure there isn't a thing that goes on that she doesn't know about first. He's still trying to gear himself up when he presses on the doorbell of her house.

            Kid answers the door, and Wyatt sighs. It offers a couple extra seconds without facing Connie. "Oh," Kid says, "you're back. Seriously dude," he says, turning back and walking to the living room. Wyatt is interested to know if WWE is ever not on. "Just admit that you have a crush on my sister, because you're around here so much its ridiculous. Do you want a drink?" He turns on Wyatt, and his eyes blink repeatedly, "You're hella thirsty."