eight: watchdogs

to Constellation_1 for Katrina.

[eight]: write a chapter in which a female character is forced to use the men's bathroom for one reason or another

◦  ♥  ◦  ♥  ◦

            Connie and her boyfriend are arguing again, it seems that it happens every time he turns up on his black motorcycle. Wyatt stands at the window again, mindful of his head on the window frame above him, watching the odd couple have another verbal fight which is always Connie demanding an endless list of things from him which he seems to fail bringing to the relationship. Wyatt may be going on these dates, but he knows without a fact that he does not want a girlfriend in the slightest.

            Watching the two of them scream for the whole street to hear reminds him of the last couple months with Lily, which were disastrous within themselves. Robbo had always said something about 'bros over hoes' and he understood it as he finally plucked up the courage to dump Lily. She'd lifted her palm, and just for a split second, Wyatt thought it was happening again. But it's whatever now, because no one really knows why he broke up with Lily, and no one needs to know either.

            Wyatt will listen to the taunts for the rest of his days about how he's such a pathetic virgin – which he isn't – than have to tell people that a girl got the best of him and made him feel like nothing more than a pathetic little boy. It was one thing ending a relationship which had ruined his life, it was something else entirely admitting the reasons for doing so to someone else.

            He knows that Tiffany is already in his room, sitting at the end of his bed, before he even turns away from the window, growing bored with watching the girl with the green hair and 'lad' with the oversized leather jacket argue about their lack of affection. Wyatt blinks at the sight of her, blonde hair curled, a summer dress on and wearing sandals. Hopefully she's gotten some new friends which actually dress properly now.

            She opens her mouth to greet him with Loser, but purses her lips instead. "Do you need a ride or something?" Tiffany doesn't like driving because she doesn't like having to have her attention on one particular thing only. "I'd rather sit in the passenger seat," she says, "because I can go on my phone."

            "Why were you looking at her?" For a seventeen year old brat who cares more about what's happening in Kylie Jenner's life than anyone else's, Tiffany is really insightful sometimes, which Wyatt would not expect at all from her. "You basically have doormat stamped onto your forehead."

            "You think?" Wyatt mutters dryly, knowing that as long as her cloud of perfume fumigates his room, there will be no chance to relax or do anything that he usually would.

            "Well obviously," Back to the Hill Girl accent, Wyatt imagines her rolling her eyes behind his back, as he turns to his closet and picks out a red shirt. "You let her walk into this house and order you onto dates. That's messed up, dude."

            "Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. Now get out of my room."

            "You didn't say that to her."

            "What does it matter?" He turns back to Tiffany, not understanding why she's so insistent about talking about the 'green-haired-monster' as she so eloquently puts it.

            "It matters because you've barely known that monster for a month and it's Lily all over again."

            "No it isn't," Wyatt denies harshly. So maybe he has treated Connie a little differently like he would most other people, but it isn't Lily. Wyatt isn't stupid enough to get himself into another situation like Lily. "She wouldn't do that." For having approximately ten conversations with Connie, which have all been berating him, he's not too sure what makes him so sure that Connie is different. Appearances aside, he knows nothing about the girl who lives across the street from him, and that's probably a little scary considering she's shipping him off on a bunch of dates.