Chapter 15 - When Harry met Lily

Severus looked at the group in front of him.

"Well Severus are you going to tell them the hilarious story of when you introduced me to our darling daughter." Harry asked grinning smugly.

Severus gave a sigh plucked his daughter from Harrys' lap and began to speak.

————
It was two days after the war and Harry and Severus had agreed to not be with each other, until the talk about the two of them being together had calmed down. Harry however had other ideas, during and since the war he had been plagued with awful nightmares and only sleeping with Severus at his side they are not too bad.

So here he was about to ring the bell on Snape Manor. His last hope in finding Severus, as he was not in his quarters at the school or at his old house on Spinners End. As he rings the bell he could hear a commotion inside. Suddenly the door flung open and out bounded a little figure that collided with him and forced him to the ground.

"Lily Rose-Marie Potter, what do you think you are doing?" Harry heard a stern woman say as the little girl quickly jumped up and gave the lady a view of who she had knocked over. She gasped "Sorry Gramma." Lily mumbled as she looked towards the ground with tears in her eyes. Suddenly Severus appeared behind them. "Lily what I have I said about being careful and not to answer the door to..." Severus stopped talking when he realised who was at the door.

Harry looked from Lily to Severus and back to Lily again shocked. "To who Severus? Strangers, who could be the stranger here. From what I heard, she's a Potter but as far as I know I'm the only Potter left. So tell me Snape, who's the stranger?" Harry glared at him.

Severus sighed and knew he was in deep trouble as Harry had called him by his last name. "Mum are you able to take Lily into the toy room please, we'll be along shortly after I have explained a few things." Eileen nodded and guided a sniffling Lily towards the toy room. "You" Severus said pointing to Harry. "Follow me." Severus led him upstairs to his personal study.

"So tell me Snape who is the little girl and why is her last name Potter?" Harry said still glaring at him. Severus sat down and looked towards his boyfriend. "Harry please don't be mad at me and listen. That little girl is our little girl. She is our flesh and blood." Harry looked shocked. "But—but how,=she looks what two maybe three, we wasn't sexually active until last year."

"Harry do you remember the detention I gave to you and Draco just after Halloween in your 5th year?. I made you both brew a potion that required a bit of your blood." Harry nodded in response. "Well I put Draco's sample away safely. Your sample however, when I went to put it in storage, it exploded and I swallowed half of the potion which in turn meant I had swallowed a sample of your blood. The potion didn't give me any side effects, in fact I didn't react to it at all. However a month later I started to feel ill. No potion I took helped relieve me so I visited Madam Pomfrey on the off chance it was something else. It was then she proceeded to tell me that I was pregnant. I was shocked as I told her I was with someone but we wasn't sexually active. She needed to know who I was with so she could try and work out what had happened. Of course I sworn her to secrecy because of what was going on at the time, and as she was an old friend she obliged, so I told her all about us and how we got together, she was shocked but also upset as she knew about what was happening to you but couldn't say anything as Dumbledore threatened to sack her if she did. We came to the conclusion that because you are a very powerful wizard you must have something in your blood that somehow allowed me to get pregnant. Weird and confusing I know but Pomfrey said she only knows of it happening to one other person but due to confidentiality she can't say who. She said the baby I was carrying would be special as she's made from our blood and not our semen, she will posses power that neither of us have."