Chapter One

"Come on darling we need to go" her mother called to her daughter, Isabella never wanted to leave but she knew her mother couldn't stay in a house that reminded her of her late husband "yes mother I'm coming" she shouted back. As Isabella grabbed her coat she looked around her room one last time with a sigh, she turned around and walked down the stairs.

It was never the plan to move to Birmingham but as days went along Isabelle's mother Grace found it difficult living in London, the place where she fell in love with a man and the same place she lost him.

With one last glance at the house Isabella climbed into the back of the car with her mother, who gave a sad smile at her "it will be okay darling, who knows what the future will bring" Isabella didn't realise at the time what could happen or what would happen but what she did know was that she was going to make her mother happy, even if it cost her.

-2 hours later-
"Darling wake up, we are here" her mother whispered quietly as she shook her, with a stretch of her arms Isabella sat up and looked around, it was dull and not many people around. Isabella got out of the car as gently as she could, not wanting to slip in the mud. As she stood on the pavement she could see many different things, but what caught her eye the most was the little bookstore. Isabella smiled softly to her self knowing she would be there daily.

The house was small but big enough for Isabella and her mother, who sat by the table sipping her tea "Isabella dear come sit here please" her mother called "yes mother" Isabella replied as she walked into the room and sat down "I know this place isn't like home but this is our home now, I hope you will like it here" Grace spoke as she placed her hand on top of her daughters "I know mother, it seems different without father being here, I know he would of loved it" Isabella said with watery eyes "your father loved being anywhere with a pub dear" was her response that gave Isabella a soft smile "I'm going to bed now mother, I would like to explore the area in the morning" Isabella told her mother who then nodded and said goodnight,.

Isabella walked up the stairs into her new room, it needs decorating but she was sure that she would soon get used to it, as she slipped into bed with a silent goodnight to her father, Isabella was soon asleep not knowing what was to come.