Bucky Barnes

Requested

You patch him up

"Yeah I will mom." I held the phone to my ear and listened carefully for my mother to keep talking, she was telling me about the recent break ins that have been around her area, she lived in Queens while I lived in Manhattan, although we didn't live far away she acted as if I lived in Australia.

"Yes well I want you to be safe so lock everything up tonight, okay?" She answered, I adjusted the bag in my hands that held medicines for my sick neighbour.

"Okay I will." I quickly jogged across the street and made my way to my apartment front steps, just as I placed my hand on the front door I heard a crash from the alley way "mom I'll call you back." I say and hang up.

I quickly walk down the stairs, curiosity getting the best of me and walked down the dark alleyway, I felt a cool breeze hit my face as a bright glint caught my eye.

"Hello?" I call, the shinny light moves and I take a step back. There was a loud crash that answered back.

"Ugh fuck." I heard a gruff voice say, I look to a lighted part of the ground and saw blood, fresh blood.

"Are you okay?" I ask. I squint my eyes and make out a hunched over figure.

"G-Go." The voice finishes and I heard it fall into some trash cans, I walked into the alleyway and saw the body lying limp on the ground, I gently nudge the person with my foot. Sighing when they didn't move I take out my keys and ready myself to carry him upstairs.

"Come on, buddy."

*

I finally made it to my apartment, I lay the stranger on my couch and walked into my bathroom, grabbing my medical supplies. I walk out and set myself beside the man.

I needed to see his wounds so I took off his jacket. Noticing the hat he was wearing that covered his face I gently removed it and saw his beautiful face. He was strangely attractive for someone who looked like they had just gotten beat up. I gently touch his face, looking for any gashes.

"What happened to you?" I ask him, he lay unconscious still, I decide to inspect where the blood was coming from, taking off his shirt I see a three stabbing wounds, I open my medical bag and grab the rubbing alcohol, needle, thread and a bandage. Just as I placed my hands on his chest he woke.

He gasped and sat up, as if on reflex he immediately pulled me into a headlock, I make a sound of distress and he stiffens.

"Who are you?" He whispers in my ear threateningly, i opened my mouth to reply but no words came out, I probably looked like a goldfish as I tried to form a sentence with my mouth opening and closing, his grip loosened and I finally brought myself to speak a sentence.

"I found you outside. I-I'm sorry you looked injured." I whimper, when he doesn't reply I quickly add " I'm a nurse, Y/N L/N. Please let me go." As the words leave my mouth he lets me go entirely and I fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles as he looks down, I furrow my eyebrows together, I should be calling the police, that's what I should be doing but he just looks so tired and vulnerable.

"Hey." I gently speak up and gently place my hand on his shoulder. "You look tired and your wounds aren't going to heal by themselves, please, let me help you." I say in my calmest tone, he sighs and leans back in my lounge.

"I'm sorry." He repeats as he finally looks to me, I smile at him and notice his striking blue eyes.

"It's not the first time someone who's hurt has attacked me." I say quietly, he doesn't respond. I decide maybe telling him some story's may calm him, it's what I do with most kids at the hospital.

"When I first started working at the hospital a patient stabbed my friend in the leg with a fork, for a few weeks I didn't want to go back I just wanted to hide I was scared they'd attack me." This caught his attention, I kept going. "It's funny. My dad used to tell me that broken bones need time to heal, and so do mental problems. That people should take care of themselves more, mentally and physically."

"Your dad sounds smart." He mumbled, I smiled at his memory and continued patching him up.

"He was." I say, I see him in the corner of my eye examine the side of my face.

"I'm sorry about that." He says, I nod my head and look to him with a small smile.

"It's fine." I say "could you sit up so I can rap the bandage?" He nods his head and stands as I start rapping the bandage around his torso. Once I was done he sat back down and I handed him a ice pack. He placed it in his eye and relaxed into the couch.

"You should rest." I say, I stand and grab a blanket from the opposite chair and gently place it on him. "If you need anything, just call." I say as I start to walk to my bathroom.

"You're not scared I'll rob you?" He asks, I look at him over my shoulder and smile.

"I like to trust people." I see his confused pout turn into an almost impressed smile.

"And besides, your crippled ass couldn't pick up my TV."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++