Chapter 2

(this chapter is based off of Naruto: Ouroboros By: maneyan, Tame Me By: baby-kitsune9 and Two Scarred Souls Heal Each Other By: Vain Gloriousness)

After a TENS training session with Minato Namikaze the Anbu captain known as cheetah Orochimaru finally ended the training session while helping the very exhausted Minato to his feet only to receive a blush from the young Anbu captain. "Well that was tens training session Minato-kun, you have gotten better." Orochimaru said with smile as this cased Minato to blush at the compliment. After the pleasantry both Minato and Orochimaru went their separate ways. Orochimaru headings for the science department, a small, rectangular building near the outskirts of the city.

As he opened the door to the laboratory he was met by one of his Apprentice, Yakushi Kabuto.

"Hey sensei." The silver-haired, bespectacled boy said with a smile as he passed Orochimaru by in the lobby, holding a clipboard in his hand. "Good you came," he continued, "We've had some problems isolating the components of the latest batch of samples." "I'll be with you in a minute," Orochimaru said, wondering what had happened now, and Kabuto left. The boy was only a few years younger than Orochimaru's older Apprentice but Kabuto was very sharp, not to mention his skill as a scientist, medic, fighter and not the least, hiding all those skills. Orochimaru was glad that he had managed to draft him to his cause. With a dozen people like Kabuto, he could revolutionize the department. Heading up the stairs he traversed another sterile white corridor and opened the door to his office.

Considering that heit was a joke, the room was no bigger than anyone else's, about six square meters all in all and with shelves lining the walls, making the actual usable space about three. A desk with an office chair and a computer stood by the far end of the small room, the latter displaying several windows of data. Orochimaru put his takeaway lunch down by the computer and grabbed the white lab-coat that hung from the hanger on the door to his office. He really wished that they could get some more space, they were cramped like hell here.

Putting on the lab-coat, he set his steps towards the second lab, where most of the natural scientists working here spent their time. Hurrying down the stairs, he headed left and pushed open the door at the end of the hallway and entered the lab. Orochimaru tore a pair of rubber gloves from a nearby dispenser as he passed by and put them on with practiced ease. Kabuto was currently standing by one of the large, white tables at the end of the room, slowly twirling a small testing tube in his hand. Several other scientists were filling the room in other places, walking back and forth as they saw to their respective assignments.

"So what do you have?" Orochimaru asked as he came up beside Kabuto.

"I've managed to determine the sort of poison, it's a neurotoxin as we thought;" Kabuto said, "the real issue is with the carriers of the toxin."

"Do you know what it is?" Orochimaru asked. meant that it was a poison that attacked the cells and killed them in the area of infection. In its wake, these kinds of poisons left nothing but rotting, dead flesh that never recovered. If severe poisonings had taken place amputations were usually the only recourse, only the greatest of medic-nins could resuscitate dead flesh. "That's the problem." Kabuto said, "If I'm reading ."

"What?" Orochimaru asked now, his eyes actually widening.

"I've got the enzyme analysis, the bacteria culture results and the DNA-analysis right there," Kabuto said, indicating a pile of documents on another desk. Orochimaru hurried over and started looking through the papers.

Unknown to Orochimaru in the Hokage's office the sandaime Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen was making the biggest decision in the Shinobi career of the hidden leaf village. After the Great Shinobi War 3, Hiruzen Sarutobi was looking at the files of the several Shinobi's who were selected to become the yondaime Hokage his successor the candidates were Sakumo Hatake, Minato Namikaze, and his favorite student Orochimaru of the sannin.