Chapter 1

~August 30th.~

It was just another day…Yeah. Just another day. I tried many times to convince myself that it was an ordinary day. But it wasn’t. It was a day of an ending, and a day of a new beginning. You were flying to London.

After finally obtaining the chance to study abroad after studying in America for one year, I chose England as my new home. I decided to leave after I spent my 19th birthday weekend with my crazy best friends. Partying all night with Victoria at our house to wake up looking like crap was the best way to mark the day.

“Bring me back a cute Brits eh?” Victoria joked around as I ran around the house for the last time, making sure I had everything I needed. I didn’t do well with stress.

“Got everything?” she asked, knowing how forgetful I was.

“Mmhm,” I replied as I looked at Mayra who was about to start crying. She shared the house with us, and she was the emotional one out of us three friends. “Don’t cry Mayra it’s not like I’m dying in a minute,” I laughed as I hugged her. “You need to study for the exam! It’s in an hour!” I tried to cheer her up and she smiled in tears.

“I’m gonna miss you so much,” She said. “Skype me okay?”

“Of course,” I said as I hugged her again, almost in tears.

“Hurry up Ellie you’re gonna miss the flight!” Victoria said as he grabbed her wallet and the car key. She was going to drive me to the airport.

“Alright!” I said as I grabbed my luggage and walked out the door. “I love you Mayra!”

---------------------------------

“Come back home next summer okay?” Victoria said as she hugged me before I headed to the security check. I swear this was the only time I ever saw her be serious about me leaving. But that’s how we worked. We don’t take things serious; we enjoy the rollercoaster that is life.

“Of course Victoria,” I said as took a breath. “London is WAY too cold in the summer to get a tan.” We laughed. We both knew that we were going to cry once we parted, but never did when we were together. I smiled at her. “I’ll make sure to find you few guys and bring them back.”

“Few guys? I only asked for one,” she laughs. “But okay I’ll take them all!” She made a ‘me gusta’ face. “But they HAVE TO BE CUTE.” She emphasized it again and again.

“Alright alright! Cute brunette for you right?”

“Of course. I don’t do blondes... Well maybe except for some,” she says as she looked up to think of a few.

“I’ll make sure to pick out cute guys for you,” I say as I hugged her one last time. “I love you, you crazy psycho.”

“I love you too you hoe.” She said as she let go of me. “Just don’t bring me the guys you’ve already done, okay?”

I burst out laughing, making few heads turn around. As I walked ahead to the check she began singing, “Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe?” I laughed as I waved her goodbye.

---------------------------------

The air was completely different as I stepped out of the London airport. It’s nothing like America. People dressed nicely, the crowd was less obnoxious, and the temperature was perfect. I walked to a taxi and gave the driver a piece of paper with the address of the flat I was supposed to stay in.

“Are you a musician?” The driver asked.

“Uh not really,” you laugh. “I don’t do anything professionally.”