Chapter 10

I tuned out all the noise from the living room where the rest of the lads played a game. Standing here in his arms felt so right.

"You can trust me okay?" He said as he kissed me goodbye on the cheek. My heart skipped a beat, yet I felt so numb at the same time.

I nodded as he walked away and left the house.

From then I began spending time with Zayn... Just as friends. We hang out like we did before, and grew even closer. I sometimes doubted his feelings. But the subtle hints like the look in his eyes kept me alive. I didn't try to dig back to the time around Christmas. I didn't talk myself into complicating the situation. What Zayn meant to me was simple. I simply had a feeling. As if I finally found the light, I felt happy.

...But the pain still choked me up whenever I saw Niall.

Snow finally subsided and it became a little warmer, at least to the point where three layers of clothing wasn't necessary. But summer was still very far to come.

As Delenn and I spent one of our few quiet days without the lads, my phone vibrated.

"U wanna come over? :) "

A smile grew on my face as I saw the message from Zayn.

"Well someone's happy," Delenn said as she made a face. She laughed as she saw me blush. "Zayn?"

I nodded as I bit my lip down. "Just gonna hang out," I smiled.

"D'aww," she said. "Just watch out for the paparazzi!"

Crap. I had completely forgotten about that. I swear, the fans knew exactly where each of the boys were 24/7. I sighed as I retreated to my room to get ready.

----------------

"Hey," he let me in as he fixed his grey beanie. "Were you okay on the way here?"

I sat down on his bed. "Yeah, I don't think they saw me. At least not this time..." My words trailed off as I saw sheets of paper that lay on the bed next to me. "What are these?"

He reached for them then sat next to me. "Songs we might cover during our summer tour."

I held on to his arm and rested my head on his shoulder as he talked about each of the songs. "We covered it before," he said as he stared at the sheet music. "Use Somebody by the Kings of Leon. I like it, it's a good song."

He briefly talked as he went through few songs. His voice echoed throughout the room and into my body. His voice felt so emotional yet strong.

"This song is honestly my favourite," he began to say. I closed my eyes as I listened to him talk. "It's weird though, there's no name on this sheet, not even a title. But it was sent to us and it sounds just brilliant. Especially the bridge, it goes like..." Then I began to hear a very familiar words...with VERY familiar melody.

"Wait," I cut him off as I sat up to look at the sheet music. "Is this..." I scanned the music. It was printed, probably on some PC software; but the notes and the words matched EXACTLY.

He stared at me, very perplexed as to why I had stopped him. He looked curiously at me and back at the paper. "What?"

No... This can't be... But it is. "...Why...is this song in here?"

"It was sent to us.

No no no this can't be happening. He was legitimately worried now that he realized that this seemed to be a serious matter for me. "What's wrong babe?"

"When did you guys get this?"

"I don't know, we didn't see this until last week." He looked strangely into my eyes. "What's wrong?"

I gulped. "... I wrote this."

My heart paced.

"Really?!" He exclaimed. "That's great!"

But I couldn't smile. That song...those words...they were meant for Niall.

I couldn't even breathe as I stared into his brown eyes. Was this guilt that's choking me?