Chapter 26 - Postponed Desires

~Contains Mature Content~

One of Elijah's hands hastily trailed down my stomach until it reached the zipper of my pants. He began fumbling with the zipper and buttons, desperate to get my clothing off. I leaned up, hoping to help speed up the process. We hadn't had the chance to be intimate with each other in what seemed like forever. So many crazy things had been happening, that we really hadn't been able to have much alone time. I needed my mate.

Finally, Elijah succeeded. He slowly tugged my pants down over my butt, and I began to shift to help him wiggle them off, all while being pinned against the wall. I was panting, my entire body filled with lust. I attached my lips to Elijah's neck, showering it with kisses and love bites while he continued to work my pants off of my body.

Just as Elijah was finally about to toss my pants on the floor, his office door swung open.

I shrieked, causing Elijah to jump back and drop me on the floor.

"Oh goddess!" Daphne squealed, dramatically throwing her hands over her eyes.

"Damnit Daphne! Can't you knock?" Elijah growled, clearly still riled up from the hormones stirring between us.

"I didn't think this would be going on in here!" she yelled back in reply, keeping her hand over her eyes.

I was still sitting on the floor with an aching ass and no pants. Right.

I reached over and grabbed my pants, clumsily slipping them on while sitting on the floor and attempting to ignore my sore ass. Once I was mostly covered, I attempted to get up off of the floor and finish securing my pants around my waist, but I was struggling a bit from my fall and the awkward positioning of my half-pulled up pants. Elijah finally spun around to look at me, his eyes wide as he realized he'd dropped me right on my ass.

"Oh goddess, Lena, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" he asked, concern filling his wide-eyes. He reached out, gesturing for me to take his arm, and quickly helped me back to my feet.

"I'm fine," I grumbled, shooting him a glare.

The concern quickly left his eyes, and he chuckled.

I cursed under my breath as I secured my pants and shot Elijah another glare. Of course, my mate would find this humorous once he realized I wasn't injured.

"What did you need, little sister?" Elijah asked, turning his attention back to Daphne. His tone was full of annoyance, and I'm sure my face gave away the same feeling. The first time in forever that we'd been able to initiate some time for mating, and we're interrupted by my mate's sister. I loved Daphne, but I wasn't incredibly pleased with her at the moment.

Daphne peeked out from behind her fingers, and once she was sure I was fully clothed she removed her hands from her face, "Well, I was chatting with Alpha Ryder and..."

"Pause," Elijah commanded, cutting her off. "Why were you conversing with Ryder?"

I couldn't help but notice a tinge of protectiveness in Elijah's voice, causing me to smirk. Daphne would be in trouble the day she found her mate.

Daphne huffed, "Well I was about to explain that before I was so rudely interrupted!"

Elijah rolled his eyes and gestured for her to continue.

"Anyways, we were chatting, and I told him about Lena's scary ghost situation and how she's been training with Sofia. He seemed really intrigued when I mentioned Casper, and said he'd like to hear more details about that night. So, I told him I'd come find you two, and...well...you know the rest," Daphne explained with a small shrug.