bad idea

"Mariam, are you going to that one par-taay everyone is talking about?" My best friend Layla asked. I made this poker face at her and she already knew my decision.

     "Lay, you should know me well enough that I, Mariam , do not and will never do par-taays ". I emphasized saying "par-taays" while quoting at that word.

           Layla and I were both walking to my car to get lunch since our school want to give us some crappy lunch a dog wouldn't eat. As we were walking, Layla had took a step right in front of me.

   "Mariam, it's gonna be the BIGGEST party of the year" she said while stretching her arms on how big it was going to be. I kept walking to my car anyways. She should know I'm not no party girl. But she was walking backwards. I knew she wasn't gonna take a no for an answer at this point .

" Okay, Okay, okay, if you let me get to my car in peace, I'll probably go." I lied. She squealed and moved out of my way.

   I decided to eat at Chipotle, and not go back to school since I was going to have free periods for the rest of the day. Last day till spring break. So there was really nothing to learn about . Layla wanted to go to the mall to pick up some party outfits for tonight. Honestly, I usually don't wanna go out to parties because I have this feeling something bad will happen. But I realize how boring and anti-social I am. I think going to this party would be a break for me. A whole new opportunity to experience things I have never done before, but I won't be on that haram ish, hopefully.

      " Do you think this will look cute on me?" Layla asked as she walked out the dressing room where a black long sleeved velvet shirt with 2 roses on the shoulders with high waisted skinny jeans . She started strutting and walking down the hall as if it were a runway .

    " Yessss , that's very cute, you should totally get it." I said while looking for some clothes . There was this sleeveless maroon dress that really caught my eye. I had decided to try it on, I don't think I'll be wearing it to the party but oh well .

      This . Dress. Is . Beautiful.

    Like beautiful, beautiful. It was tight around the breast area and the waist area, but underneath the waist area it was very flown. I took off my hijab and took down my bun as well to reveal my long black wavy hair. I started  checking myself out in the mirror. Like damn, I really love this dress. I was totally feeling myself in it. I decided to buy it but wear a cardigan and hijab with it of course.

       Me and Layla talked about the party in the whole car ride as I was taking her home . We both seem very excited about the party but nervous as well . I can't ignore the feeling in my stomach that something will go very wrong in the party.

        Layla decided to come home with me to get ready for everything . I had done my makeup and everything. I was perfectly set, whereas on the other hand Layla couldn't even put her hair in a perfect bun.

   " Just go for a high pony-tail, I think it can work with the outfit for sure." I had said. It's 6:50 the party started at 7:30. And it's a 40 minute drive from my house . I already talked my old brother , Malik letting me go out tonight.

" Alright sis, we gotta get going like for real." I had said, adjusting my hijab in the mirror .

"Ok, ok , I'm ready, stop rushing me hoe ". She said in frustration as she was turning to put one high heel boot on while hopping on the other one.

I laughed her . We both walked to my car and drove off to the party. My stomach was twisting and turning. I hope I don't do anything I'll regret at that party in shaa allah.