rendezvous

*****Zayn's P.O.V******

After school, I decided to go to my closest friend, Malik's house to chill and play Fortnite with our other friend, Hakeem. When we was driving, Hakeem's dumbass spilled soda all over my hands, so I had to rush upstairs to wash them.

I heard a door click from behind just as I was done washing my hands. I turned around thinking I would see Hakeem waiting to taunt me but I saw a girl with very long,thick,wavy black hair holding a soda and a bag of cookies. My mouth dropped , I didn't know what to do.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry". She said frantically while trying to hard to unlock the door. She was trying for like 3 seconds until I heard a click.

I peeped my head over her shoulder but kept my distance to see what was going on. Just I thought, she broke the doorknob.

She ran in the shower to cover her hair. I was desperately trying to fix the doorknob to open the door. Since it wasn't opening, I called Malik, so he can open the door. He didn't pick up the first 2 times but the third time I called him, he picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Yo Malik, I'm stuck in your bathroom, come get me out." I try to not mention the fact that I have his sister with me because I will catch so much heat from that.

"Damn, I guess you are going to be staying there, my car got towed right now and me and Hakeem just took an uber to the garage".

"What the fu*k bro, come back, I have to leave soon". I said in frustration. No way I was going to be locked with his little sister.

" Chill-out, we coming back quick". And with that he ended the call on me.

" Fu*k man". I muttered. I sat on the ground and ran my fingers through my hair. I set my phone down, and peeped the girl still in the shower. Her long hair reminded me about that one girl I met at the club.

" Hey, I'm sorry about...that door thing, my fault." I heard her say.

I shrugged. "It's all good." I said.

"What's your name". I added. I didn't know Malik had a younger sister.

" My name is Mariam, um can you do something for me ." She asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"So, in that little laundry area, my hijab and my abaya is in there, can you please get that for me, and in the first drawer ,there's a hair tie I need as well."

I stood up to get her abaya and hijab but I noticed as I was going through the clothes, I pulled out this dress that the girl I was with at the club that night was wearing and looked at it strange. The girl I was with in the bathroom, Malik's little sister , cannot be the girl I was with that night.

I smelled it, and it smelled like chlorine.

So many thoughts were swimming in my head. Part of me wanted to mention it, the other part didn't because I genuinely think she's a good girl and if she found out that I was the one who got her drunk, I don't know what'll happen.

*****Mariam's P.O.V******

I waited in the shower impatiently for my abaya and hijab. I cannot believe I got myself into this mess. The guy handed me my clothes by sticking his hand in the shower.

"Thanks." I said. I tied my hair in a bun and put on my abaya and wrapped my hijab and finally got out of the shower. I sat on the ground across from the boy and began eating my cookies.

"I'm Zayn". He said.

I felt my entire face flush. I knew this guy.

He was the guy I was throwing it back on.

What the hell.

I took a very good (and long) at his face. I'm guessing I zoned out because I heard Zayn calling my name like 5 times. I snapped back into reality.

" Sorry, um yeah, What's up". I said as I took a sip of my coke I feel so shameful right now. I just want to crawl into a deep hole in the ground and die. Zayn was twisting his curls and he looked like he was going to say something or come clean about something. I know that boy-twisting-hair thing. He's either about to tell you something important or lie. And Zayn and I don't know each other so he has nothing to lie about.

" Do you know me?". He started off with cracking his knuckles.

I took a bite of my cookie. " Um, no".

" Well, I know you. And this is eating me alive. So I'm going to come out clean". He took a deep breath.

" I don't think you remember, but we met-er- well not met, but we was hanging out at a party , a few weeks ago." He said. I do remember. I nodded my head for him to move on.

" I was the one offered a drink, and when I mean drink, I mean " drink". He quoted.

I stared at him in shock.

He was the one who gave me my first drink.

The one who turned me upside down.

The one who got me trending all over twitter.

The one who made me feel so shameful and disgusting.

I felt my whole face go pale.

Hot tears forming in my eyes.

" Why would you do that". I asked not bothering to look at him. "You really flipped me upside down that night, got me trending on twitter, why the he-".

" Listen, wallahi. I am so very sorry. From the bottom of my heart, I swear, I know well my intentions weren't good. I saw you all alone and everything and you went to a club, with a hijab. I just wanted to loosen you up a bit, But I swear, I'm very very sorry. It was the first I went as well in a long time. I apologize, I don't expect you to forgive me, and I wanted to let you know before you found out from anyone else." He cut me off as moving a bit closer to me. By this time, tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I took a deep breath. So many thoughts were going through my head. My intentions were to forgive him, because if Allah can. why can't I? I just don't know how to. My brother would never have friends that would drink and do all this bad stuff. Coming from him and him saying it was his first time for a long time. I don't know.

" I forgive you." I whispered. I turned my back on him and started sobbing lightly. I felt so like I cannot even describe it. But thank god, I still have my dignity( v-card). I wanted to leave this restroom so bad so get air.